By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
Blue3 said:
And thats what we know.

iam sure the big 3 will try to upstage each other with big secret announcments.

Make that the big 4. Mario Kart Wii is going to be shown.

I heard that they are releasing a "Magic Bean" accessory for the Wii. It gives you magic beans.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Blue3 said:
And thats what we know.

Can Mario Kart really be considered big anymore? Double Dash was kind of a let down. Maybe they will do something new with the controller, which I can't picture besides using it as a steering wheel, but I am doubtful about the Mario Kart franchise.  I am a very big fan of the N64 version and to a lesser degree the SNES version by the way.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

maybe I am weird but I actually found the N64 version of Mario Kart the weakest due to the easy track levels. For example compare rainbow road on SNES to N64 for example. Some of those Double Dash levels could be difficult. i.e Dinosaur Park

Wii number: 2758-1649-6225-4782

Click here to level up my license!

akuma587 said:
RolStoppable said:
Blue3 said:
And thats what we know.

Can Mario Kart really be considered big anymore? Double Dash was kind of a let down. Maybe they will do something new with the controller, which I can't picture besides using it as a steering wheel, but I am doubtful about the Mario Kart franchise. I am a very big fan of the N64 version and to a lesser degree the SNES version by the way.

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=mario+kart&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

I can't make more emphasis than this. Mario Kart is bigger than Halo.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Lol... Wii is at 17... But when Nintendo announces and showes their stuff at E3 it'd put it right back between the X360 and PS3... (U also have LOTS of 3th party devs workin for the Wii but i think most of em still have an agreement with Nintendo to show nothin untill E3... Just like last year).

And didn't Nintendo say they have like 140 games under development?! Around 55 for Wii and 85 for DS?! 

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?name=mario+kart&console=&publisher=&sort=Total

I can't make more emphasis than this. Mario Kart is bigger than Halo.

sure but as you can also see, the series isn't as popular back in the heyday. but wii mario kart hitting just less than 7 million based on the trends is so not something to overlook. in fact if the mario kart for wii actually does hit 7 million, that might outsell halo 3 which I will find so damn funny.

with the wii controllers, you can drive with the chuck and use items on the mote that allows you to aim your item like an fps. at least, that how i picture it would be like.

With the Wii's new crowd, Mario Kart is a perfect addition. It will sell like crazy when it comes out, as long as it's at least decent. This is why Nintendo doesn't need a "Halo-killing" FPS game...it has games like Mario, Mario Kart, and Super Smash selling just as much if not more than Halo anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I underestimated how much even some of the unappreciated Mario Kart versions, like Double Dash sold. Maybe it will have some staying power.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Nintendo is huge developer of games and no one can deny that.

It did say that 140 games are in development, but I don’t remember it saying when they will be released and if they didn't make it to the 2007 E3 they might be introduced in late 2008.

Sony also did say that 380 games are coming to the PS3 including network downloadable. In the case of Sony it did say they are coming in 2007 and early 2008. But just in the news: Sony: did we say 380 we meant 145 games. I am not attacking Sony but apparently not all the 380 will be in the US just 145.

Microsoft is like a sleeping beast that has not said anything till now. But I can see the smoke from its nose. 

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E