By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was the upgrade from Game Cube to Nintendo Wii worth it?

Rock_on_2008 said:

Sony and Microsoft on the other hand have improved significantly by upgrading to HD. Can someone tell me what the difference in graphics between the Wii and Game Cube games? I can not see and I have been looking hard to see differences. Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart Double Dash. Marginal improvement. Zelda: Twilight Princess both versions look identical. Resident Evil 4: small improvement. SSBB on Wii compared to SSBM on GC - slight graphics improvement.

My Verdict: slight improvement in graphics from Game Cube to Nintendo Wii. Both GC and Wii are 128 bit consoles.

Was the upgrade from Game Cube to Nintendo Wii worth it?

Sure it was worth it.  Unlike some other consoles, all Wii consoles feature full backwards compatibility.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
amp316 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
I have a PS3 and a XBox 360. I just posted a question about the Wii. I am sure you can get the Wii modded to play DVD's and store extra memory.

So what's your real reason for not buying the Wii then? Honesty might work this time.

I bought a N64 In March 2007 on launch in PAL region Australia.

WTF?
I assume you mean ps3. In which case you have no right to complain about Nintendo dropping prices when you payed $1000 for a ps3 at launch only to have it drop to $650 a few months later.
But hey, I bet it was totally worth it to get to play all those amazing launch games and not horrible 360 ports...

I bought a N64 on launch in March 1997. I bought a PS3 60GB on launch in March 2007

if all the difference you can see between GC and Wii is the slightly better graphics, then, no it does not worth it......

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

its not worth upgrading the graphics are about the same and the games are worse imo

Yes, the Wii was definitely worth the upgrade for me.

This thread is pure distilled phail...

Around the Network

EDIT: Sorry, it somehow posted my message twice some time after I initially posted it?