By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Was the upgrade from Game Cube to Nintendo Wii worth it?

I'm speechless.......................... but I won't bother anymore.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

For the record I once owned a N64 but I never bought a Game Cube and have decided to skip the Nintendo Wii. When a Nintendo HD console comes out I may reconsider. A few years time and you never know what will be on the horizon.

The best Game Cube game I would say I liked the look of Mario Sunshine. Well the Wii version Super Mario Galaxy is quite a huge  graphical improvement.

Most would be happy with the motion controller. But if you are used to the controller some people like me hate change. i am used to a controller and stand up and using the motion control would be tiring after a hard day's work.

Playing normal Wii games isn't tiring at all. Unless you're morbidly obese, which wouldn't surprise me...
And you don't need to stand up. The pointer works better when sitting down.

You just answered that simple question. Did you see the improvement of sunshine to galaxy? Yes Half of the games you mentioned were direct ports, and then you say SSBB isn't a significant upgrade from melee, when everybody else thinks otherwise. Obviously its a good decison because nintendo is making a profit while sony and microsoft are losing money. Not to mention the wii is on track to outsell almost every other console.

Some people didn't like the D-Pad as opposed to the Atari joystick either. Seems silly now doesn't it?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Can the Nintendo Wii play DVD's? If so then I may consider buying one, one day when they fall in price to under $150. Where I live the Wii is priced at $400 and that is expensive and it includes Wii Sports. The only game on Wii so far that interests me is Super Mario Galaxy.

I paid $400 for a N64 and 6 months later it was reduced to $200 I was gutted and I vowed never to buy a Nintendo console again. I should of waited.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Can the Nintendo Wii play DVD's? If so then I may consider buying one, one day when they fall in price to under $150. Where I live the Wii is priced at $400 and that is expensive and it includes Wii Sports. The only game on Wii so far that interests me is Super Mario Galaxy.

I paid $400 for a N64 and 6 months later it was reduced to $200 I was gutted and I vowed never to buy a Nintendo console again. I should of waited.

Don't you have a DVD player or are you to lazy to put your DVD in another machine?

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

@Rock_On No the wii can't play dvds, but can't your ps3? Also what genres do you like, I could recommend some games. Also since you didn't own a gamcube I could recommend some of those too.

amp316 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

Don't you have a DVD player or are you to lazy to put your DVD in another machine?

Both PS3 and X360 play DVD's

yes it was worth it, the graphics didn't improve as much as other consoles but the controller and 3rd party support did improve

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

Both XBox and PS3 play DVDs ,and I'm assuming you have one, so why would you need a Wii to play DVDs? Hmmm.