IGN: How does this work? It's a massive multiplayer online game so obviously there's a lot of interaction between people; are there missions then too that make up my experience? 

John Blakely: Yeah, there's cases and capers depending on which way you line up. So there are going to be storylines that you are going follow. Part of that's going to be for your own personal discovery of your powers and how to use them, part of that's going to be following along DC canon and some world events that may happen. There will be plenty of content to do that. There will also be basic patrolling. It's an open world game, so in the shared spaces it's like -- You're in Metropolis in the city; you're a hero; you're on patrol; as content gets spun up that's relevant to you, it'll be brought to your attention and you can decide if you want to engage that or not. As you engage that content, the objectives can change and raise your threat level if you're a villain or hero and other heroes or villains can come in and respond to that. It's a very dynamic world. You have a huge impact as a player on what's going on in your quadrant based on how you attack it or how you repel it.

IGN: When I'm doing these cases and capers, do I pop up to other people? The thing I would think is that if I'm helping Superman on a mission, wouldn't I get swarmed by a hundred other fanboys wanting to talk to Superman? 

John Blakely: Well, it's not necessarily that. He'll be in a personal relationship with you. You'll have a communicator either by the JLA or the Legion of Doom and you'll be able to communicate with this. So, he might pop up and he might tell you "Hey, go here. Down in this district something's going on and you have to go over and take care of it." Then, as you get there, that content that's relevant for you will pop up. We're also using what we're calling a surplus model concept, which means as objectives spin up in the area, as you consume those objectives, they spawn more objectives. Case in point might be an armored car rides though -- if you're a villain, that objective is hit the armored car, y'know? There's an opportunity for you, but as you hit the armored car, now more objectives pop up because, well, the police are alerted and the police come in. Now, if there are other villains in the area, they can participate. As your threat level rises, heroes are beckoned in to protect the police officers. Their objective is opposite to yours, so it's a really neat, dynamic environment that creates. As people consume content, it creates more content for more people to consume and so we bring all of those people into that kind of heroic fray of heroes versus villains in the shared space. Obviously in the instant space it's more of a story-driving encounters. They'll lead you through. That's where you get the really personal attention from the character that isn't through the communicator interface.