By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PAL 80Gb dated for August 27, very few 40Gb left

E3 08: 80GB PS3 coming to Europe

SCEE president David Reeves confirms 40GB will be phased out as new SKU launches on August 27th

Sony will launch a new 80GB SKU in Europe and PAL territories on August 27th.

The company will phase out the 40GB model, and the new higher capacity machine will cost £299 - or €399 in wider Europe.

SCEE president David Reeves told an exclusively invited PAL crowd in Santa Monica tonight:

"In PAL, we will introduce an 80GB PS3 80Gb on August 27th. It will be a simultaneous launch across all PAL territories, and reach Russia two weeks later, due to compliance issues. "It will cost 399 Euros or £299. Promotional bundles will arrive between mid-September and mid-December at various prices.

"The 40GB model will be replaced by 80GB. Don’t ask if we’re going to go down in price on 40GB – the answer is no.

"This has been planned by Kaz [Hirai] for months. There are very few 40GB models left - especially in UK. We predict we'll be out of stock by the time we launch."

MCV

Around the Network

Bundles coming too, I wonder what the games will be.

Bundles for Europe. I am guessing, Motorstorm 2, LittleBIGPlanet and Resistance 2.

I would not be surprised to see LBP bundled as well. Amazon UK is already sold out, so I do hope that Sony have enough stock to hold them over

LittleBIGPlanet will be bundled 100%.

Around the Network

The PS3 is almost certainly going to lose the next few weeks worldwide, with the 360 price cut, coupled with low stock in the US and America

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

Damn I want a Dualshock3. But I sure as hell won't pay 100$ to upgrade my old controllers.