By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Harvest Moon: Magical Melody Wii downfall

Being an insane Harvest Moon fan I saw it fit as my responsibility to email Richard Barclay (Rising Star Games) and ask in if will contain new 'features' not found in the GC version,

Emails as follows:

Sent: 20 June 2007 06:40
To: Richard Barclay
Subject: Response Requested

Hello,

I was just wondering if Harvest Moon Magical Melody for the Nintendo Wii will have any extra or bonus features not found in the GC version, to help extend the purchasing possibilities to people whom already have the GameCube version, seeing as that will be the market aimed at, and the extra controlling would probably not be enough to attract sufficient sales.

*Here's hoping*

Thankyou,

~Jason (Insane Harvest Moon Fan)

And his reply:

Thu, 21 Jun 2007 13:12:45 +0100

"Richard Barclay" Richard.Barclay@risingstargames.com

Hi Jason Good questions.

Ever thought of working in the marketing department of a video games publisher?!

With the exception of the actions performed using the Wii remote, there aren't any other features on the Wii version to distinguish it from the Gamecube version unfortunately.

Cheers Jason.

Richard

That really really sucks :( HM: MM for Wii will have no new content.

Around the Network

Ah, so your name is Jason. I see....
That is too bad. Do you know the pricing?

Yes my name's Jason, I don't know the pricing, I'll probably still get it though.

I don't understand how to play the Harvest Moon game at all... But, unless you didn't own the GC version, why would you want one?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Wait wait wait... this isn't even being released in America. It's only being released in Europe because they never got the Gamecube version. The Wii Harvest Moon is Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace. It's a from the ground up game with Wiimote controls, etc.

Around the Network

what does he mean by any interest in working in marketing? is he saying that marketing is all about spin?

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:
what does he mean by any interest in working in marketing? is he saying that marketing is all about spin?

He's probably just surprised at getting a fan email that's written so well and uses terms like extend the purchasing possibilities. =P

I live in Australia, and we never got the game over here either, i thought it was being released to all PAL regions on Wii, because it never made it here on Gamecube

This Wii version, i think, is not for people to play the game again, it's to give PAL gamers a chance to play it.. so new features shouldn't really matter

I live in Australia and I have the GC version...

And yes I'm guessing he was just impressed with my email. LOL