By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HOME E3 Developer Walkthrough

Sony, hurry up and bring HOME on the PS3 ASAP

Around the Network

@Kowenicki - I think you have personal and public spaces. I think we are all curious with what Home will finally offer. If it is strictly a console version of Second Life then I will probably pass. Some of the game launching features and the game themed rooms have a lot of potential.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

I think the gamed themed rooms is an absolutely brilliant idea. You'll probably be able to launch the game from the themed room of choice, and get to meet people before ever playing matches with them. If I'm looking for a group of people that's willing to do an entire round of warhawks with Just jeeps. I can start my little click before hand, then all of us could join a game together :P Instead of starting the match, and attempting to communicate with people that are un-interested, have no mics, have no speakers... etc etc.

It'll be a fantastic idea to find more friends (I.E. you go to the game rooms of your favorite games, and just talk to people), it's fantastic for organization, and best of all it's great for people that are just plain bored :P All the games, the customization, the just walking around and taking sights of what's changed in the home world :P

I can also see home being insanely awesome for things like... say I dunno. Re-creating Tokyo game show :P, themeing out the over-world with the most popular games, game developers can give you costumes and accessories from they're own games and such :D (remember the guy with the ratchet ears xD.. badass to no end.) You can change the world based on seasons, you could enter a burn-out room and see screenshots taken from the players durring crashes and I dunno rate them or some shit :P The possibilities are endless XD

Home (if implemented right) could be the bridge between socializing and gaming, it could re-invent the whole concept of gaming over-instant messaging, things like yahoo games and what-not. It's got the potential to be absolutely amazing ^^

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Impressive stuff. And it's FREE!!

4 ≈ One

PS3 exclusive.

Around the Network

Home open beta will be between Sept 1 and Nov 30th. Exact date coming soon.

http://www.psu.com/EU-+-US-in-joint-Home-Beta-this-autumn-News--a0004287-p0.php

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

man the uncharted room looks sick and if all future developers do this! i wonder if the ratchet and clank room will be super colourful!