By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are there any differences between the 40GB and the 80GB besides BC?

marciosmg said:
I don´t know, TWRoO. That´s a good question. But since I think 80GB is probably more than enough, I probably won´t need to change the HDD.

I know, I'm just trying to get you a cheaper option... I am guessing as it is discontinued the 40GB might be picked up for a good bit cheaper than the new 80GB, so depending on your timing of when you are going to the U.S.A. you might get a 40G AND a bigger hard drive for less than the 80GB.

Around the Network

the new 80gb comes with DS3

ENJOY !!!!

Time to Work !

TWRoO said:
marciosmg said:
I don´t know, TWRoO. That´s a good question. But since I think 80GB is probably more than enough, I probably won´t need to change the HDD.

I know, I'm just trying to get you a cheaper option... I am guessing as it is discontinued the 40GB might be picked up for a good bit cheaper than the new 80GB, so depending on your timing of when you are going to the U.S.A. you might get a 40G AND a bigger hard drive for less than the 80GB.

Hey, thanks for the help! But, since I´m going in January (if I go - big chance but you never know) the 40GB will probably have evaporated by then. This change is going to happen in Spetember, right?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

@libellulu - yeah! I discovered it a few hours ago. Great. More win for me :D

www.jamesvandermemes.com

So where do you get a PS3 with Hardware BC, and how does this compare to the SW BC? I would think the HW BC is superior.

BTW I wouldn't even dream of buying a PS3 without BC but I've been waiting for the price to become resonable, unfortunatelty it looks like by the time I'm ready to get one they might not have BC at all. In which case I won't be buying one.

Around the Network
Escherichia said:

So where do you get a PS3 with Hardware BC, and how does this compare to the SW BC? I would think the HW BC is superior.

BTW I wouldn't even dream of buying a PS3 without BC but I've been waiting for the price to become resonable, unfortunatelty it looks like by the time I'm ready to get one they might not have BC at all. In which case I won't be buying one.

Ebay. If you don't already have an American or Japanese 20GB/60Gb, that's pretty much your only option. The current 80GB has ~99% BC from what I've heard, so you could pick one of those up if you want BC.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Retrasado said:
Escherichia said:

Ebay. If you don't already have an American or Japanese 20GB/60Gb, that's pretty much your only option. The current 80GB has ~99% BC from what I've heard, so you could pick one of those up if you want BC.

I believe the 80GB is around 85-90% BC, however those 10-15% will mostly be games no one has ever heard of.