By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic's Savior = Bioware??? And on the DS???? Look Inside.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/798/798275p1.html

UK, June 21, 2007 - Mark this one up as something totally unexpected - BioWare and SEGA have announced they're collaborating on an exclusive role-playing game for Nintendo DS starring Sonic the Hedgehog.

Currently without a name, this Sonic RPG is set for release in 2008. Simon Jeffery, president and COO of SEGA America said: "BioWare is one of the hottest names in RPG development in the world. Everyone at SEGA has huge confidence that Sonic is in the safest of hands, and that BioWare can create the ultimate handheld RPG experience for gamers of all ages."

Greg Zeschuk, president of BioWare said: "We're thrilled to be working with SEGA on Sonic, one of the industry's most enduring and compelling icons." Meanwhile, Ray Muzky, CEO of BioWare added: "As huge fans of Sonic ourselves, we're committed to delivering a truly amazing story-driven experience within the Sonic universe, focusing on capturing the character's broad appeal and placing him in a completely original adventure."

That's all for now but we'll keep you updated as more news filters in.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Even though it is weird, I gotta say I like it and I like it A LOT.

Bioware will not disappoint. If this was a Sega project I wouldn't even have the slightest interest.

Awesome, interesting, but still awesome.

Excellent find Ckmlb, its great to see that the DS is getting another excellent Sonic title. Now if Sega could farm out the development of their console Sonic games I'd be in heaven.

I hope it's a turn based RPG that isn't too simplistic (Pokemon). This could sell well in Japan if it's turn based and it could do decent here (Sonic and Bioware names).

Around the Network

Wow, I love BioWare, if they do this right.... man I just can't wait. Anyone else really excited about the possibilities here? The last good Sonic game was Sonic Rush on DS, and that was one gem amongst quite a lot of crap. Is it wrong to hope that this will be amazing?

All this news about the DS is killing me, somebody stole my DS!!!!!!!!!

naznatips said:
Wow, I love BioWare, if they do this right.... man I just can't wait. Anyone else really excited about the possibilities here? The last good Sonic game was Sonic Rush on DS, and that was one gem amongst quite a lot of crap. Is it wrong to hope that this will be amazing?

It's not wrong at all... I mean we're talking about Bioware here and they are pretty much the best western RPG makers (along withe Bethesda, Blizzard). I have really high hopes as well and I am hoping it's turn based and deep.

Alacrist said:

It's because they heard a Sonic RPG by Bioware was coming!!!!

Sorry for your loss. 

ckmlb said:
Alacrist said:

It's because they heard a Sonic RPG by Bioware was coming!!!!

Sorry for your loss.

If I didn't have one I probably would have stolen one for this and Contra.  There are so many amazing games this year on all consoles (handheld and home) that I'm just going crazy trying to figure out how I can play them all.