By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic's Savior = Bioware??? And on the DS???? Look Inside.

This is really a surprise, but I have to wonder ... What is the point?

Is Sega really in such dire straights that they have no original IP left that they haven't demolished, and no creativity to come up with new IP, that they've got to put Sonic in everything?

Yeah, I know BioWare is involved and all of that, and I'm a huge Neverwinter Nights fan (and honestly, since the d20 mechanic is open source, BioWare could use that system for any RPG they create), so I'm sure the game won't completely suck, but frankly, I'm just all Sonic'ed out.

At the very least, hand BioWare the keys to the Phantasy Star franchise/universe, and get the hell out of the way. Phantasy Star DS with the WotC d20 system as used in NWN ... now THAT I would line up for on launch day to buy.

Around the Network

Very very very I mean VERY strange .Sonic has less dept that a kids swimming pool as charachter and Bioware hasnt worked for another company since the Interplay days .I honestly didnt see this coming .We will see what they can do on the DS ,for me it isnt a plattform they can show their expertise on RPG and graphical prowess but we will have to see what comes from this game .

I agree it's odd, but when was the last time Bioware made anything bad? The word "never" comes to mind lol.

Diomedes1976 said:
Very very very I mean VERY strange .Sonic has less dept that a kids swimming pool as charachter.

Exactly! The point of Sonic is that he runs really, really eff'ing fast. That's it! That was the entire appeal of the original games ... Here he goes, can you control him and keep up?

I guess I am just failing to see how this translates to an RPG, and how it could possibly hold my interest.

Sonic was a one-trick pony that showed off what the Genesis/MegaDrive could do as a piece of hardware. Everything since then has been a poor attempt to make a Sonic-fied version of Super Mario 64, and each one has just been awful in its own way.

An RPG? Color me confused, at least for now.

Same way they did a Mario RPG they can make a Sonic one, it doesn't have to be the same as other Sonic games. It's a new kind of game.

Also saying the appeal of Sonic was only that he ran really fast then you can say the appeal of Mario is jumping around and both of those are wrong and shouldn't be said.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

I believe Baldur's Gate was made by Bioware, and I thought back then that it was one of the best PC RPGs ever made. I'm very glad to hear the news.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

baldurs gate II was the best RPG of any kind ever =) and yes it was made by bioware.

I'm hoping for good things out of this game

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

curious development.
Hope it doesn't suck like everything else Sonic related these days.

I saw sonic and was like :(

I saw Bioware and was like :)

so in the end Im like :|

Cant wait to see how this turns out.

Hahaha! Xyrax thanks for the laugh.

I think this is a good move on SEGA's part. If they aren't quite able to breath life into their most notable franchise on their own, with perhaps the exception of Secret Rings, I think using a safe bet as Bioware is fantastic!

This is one title I really do look forward to. Hard to really say the last time I felt that way about a Sonic game. I suppose Sonic Adventure 2 for Dreamcast comes to mind...

Now if Bioware needs some ideas how about looking at Super Mario Bros. Z?

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355