By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN : Motorstorm 2 has come a LONG way in only two months

"Only two months later(sony gamer day), the game is fun as hell, runs great and looks awesome. I'm not sure how the studio has come so far so quickly, but this is the sequel to MotorStorm that I've been waiting to see since the original's release.

Evolution has taken a lot of the complaints about the first title and revamped how things work this time around. Instead of being stuck with whatever rider is pre-assigned to each vehicle, you'll be able to choose your rider from a selection of characters, with more available as unlockable characters. You'll be able to swap characters in the new home/garage that you'll have access to from the festival.
"

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/890/890414p1.html

definite buy for me

Around the Network

Sounds good. The conference video definitely looked good. I enjoyed the first game despite it being frustrating at times (just like Burnout, I don't like watching crashes).

Didn't buy the first one, played the demo, it was alright. Since Mario Kart disappointed me to the point that I will not buy it (not multiplayer GP ?! that blows), maybe MotorStorm can be the arcade racer for me (I hate simulation racers)

i watched the video on psn and this game looks unbelievable. really good graphics. i will defenitly pick up if they have fixed the online for it.

SnakeEyez: Give Burnout a try. Also, Midnight Club is a good arcade racer that's supposedly coming out soon. I really enjoyed RR7, too.

I agree that lack of multiplayer GP in Mario Kart is lame, and so is not having FFA battle mode.

Around the Network

I am really looking forward to this as I liked the first.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Maybe the build they saw two months ago was old, and the one at E3 is pretty much up to date.  Or they have just come a really long way in two months, who knows.

The first one was fun...give me offline split-screen racing and more maps and I'm a happy caper :D

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I bought the first one 1 month ago(I know I'm late) and I totally enjoyed it. I will be getting this one at launch.

I really liked the first one, but 4 player offline co-op is what I am really looking forward to, they dropped the ball with that in the first one.

I am also glad they completly changed the environments - good call.