By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Movie Rentals Are Up

Euphoria14 said:

Why wouldn't they? Their movies can actually be purchased on PSN. Which means alot more money for them.

True and I wonder how they break down who gets what piece of the pie on the sales, well there's the price of keeping it on the server I guess, so maybe Sony/MS gets 30% and the studio gets the other 70%?

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:
windbane said:
Did microsoft say Universal/NBC/SciFi was exclusive? Sony has an obvious advantage with their own studio. That would be a funny battle considering they were on opposite sides of the HD war as well.

I know Sony is lacking some other studios but I wasn't sure if that was because some others were exclusive or not.

Euphoria: Thanks, that clears that up. I was fairly sure Live didn't allow transfer, but didn't know they had no purchse option.

Someone should do a comparison on which studios are available for PSN and XBL right now.

apparently the PSN video service has 300+ Movies and 1200+ TV Episodes

I think the Xbox Live service has 450 Movies, but it has also been around longer

I meant like the movie studios, i.e. Sony, Disney, Fox, Universal, etc...

FilaBrasileiro said:
windbane said:
Did microsoft say Universal/NBC/SciFi was exclusive? Sony has an obvious advantage with their own studio. That would be a funny battle considering they were on opposite sides of the HD war as well.

I know Sony is lacking some other studios but I wasn't sure if that was because some others were exclusive or not.

Euphoria: Thanks, that clears that up. I was fairly sure Live didn't allow transfer, but didn't know they had no purchse option.

Someone should do a comparison on which studios are available for PSN and XBL right now.

Well, LIVE has more studios right now since it has TV studios as well as Movie studios. So the list will of course go in MS favor.

PSN is only a couple hours old.

Also as for interface and how it all is presented, PSN wins hands down.

Edit - Apparently PSN has TV shows as well.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

This sucks, i live in Canada and i can't watch any of these movies. But i'm pretty sure XBL has the same thing for Canada.

Hum...is it possible for you Canadians to make a US account and use a credit card? I don't know how Canadian credit cards work...

Around the Network

I'm pissed now. Iwas looking forward to being able to use this up in Canada and now it seems we can't? Bastiges!