By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 multiplayer details!

Details:

Killzone 2 Badge System:

Rather than adhere to a rigid character class system, Killzone 2’s online mode allows the player to mix abilities from different roles to better suit his / her preferred style of play. Abilities are represented by badges: the primary badge defines the main role of the player character, as well as its outward appearance, while the secondary badge serves as a complementary ability that enhances the main role.

Although their player characters look different, both Helghast and ISA factions have the same set of roles and badges to choose from. Here they are, from left to right:

Rifleman:
The default multiplayer character is assigned when no primary badge is selected. A secondary badge may still be added. Riflemen can start with most weapons, except for the specialized ones.

Engineer:
Primary badge ability: Sets up an automated turret which targets the enemy.
Secondary badge ability: Repairs ammunition dispensers, mounted guns, and automated turrets.

Medic:
Primary badge ability: Revives downed team mates.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a health pack, which can be picked up by other players.

Scout:
Primary badge ability: Uses a cloaking suit to become near-invisible.
Secondary badge ability: Tags all on-screen enemy players with a hidden marker, which broadcasts their coordinates to team mates.

Assault:
Primary badge ability: Dons heavy armour twice as strong as normal.
Secondary badge ability: Temporarily boosts running speed.

Tactician:
Primary badge ability: Throws a coloured smoke grenade, which serves as a spawn point.
Secondary badge ability: Requests air support from a sentry bot which targets the enemy.

Saboteur:
Primary badge ability: Assumes the disguise of a randomly selected enemy player.
Secondary badge ability: Throws a sticky, proximity-activated C-4 charge.

More announcements to come throughout the week!

Around the Network

Tactician is gonna be all me baby!!! :D

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I'll probably be an engineer just like in TF2. Well placed turrets = win. :D

The multiplayer sounds like a lot of fun. This game is going to rock!

Gotta admit the Scouts look sooooo badass, especially with their predator-like cloaks. But Tactician....thats how you support a team, get all tactical and find the best spot to deploy 'the smoke'.

I........CANT.......WAIT

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937
Around the Network

Sounds like a ripoff of TF2.

Shameless said:

Outside of the engineer specifically, it seems similar to many popular online games out there (BF2, TF2, etc.).

yeah the classes are basically a ripoff, looks like there just taking the best parts of the top online fps shooters and just putting them in one bag....but that doesnt bother me.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Shameless said:

Sounds like somebody hates the PS3.

kasillas88 said:
yeah the classes are basically a ripoff, looks like there just taking the best parts of the top online fps shooters and just putting them in one bag....but that doesnt bother me.

That's exactly what they're doing, but with their own artstyle, cover system, etc.