By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 380 PS3 titles by March 2008

BenKenobi88 said:
Oh, a little off-topic, but for those who don't have Steam, all the Sam and Max episodes are now available for PC on Steam, for like 8 bucks each I think.

All? Weren't they releasing them episodically?

Around the Network

6 games were announced today so if they keep up that pace.. they'll reach it..

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide732 said:

announcing and releasing are two different things, it may seem trivial but it may end up being important.

Rath said:
Bonafide732 said:

announcing and releasing are two different things, it may seem trivial but it may end up being important.

uh you have to announce the game 1st... so the people know about whats coming.. duh

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide732 said:
Rath said:
Bonafide732 said:

uh you have to announce the game 1st... so the people know about whats coming.. duh

Yes but this is games 'released' no matter how many games they announce, its only ones that end up being released that count.

Around the Network

Sony have issued an UPDATE to this statement. Now the figure stands at "145" titles for the US, due until March 2008.

This includes 40 PSN titles, and 105 boxed titles. There are only 15 "1st-party" PS3 titles announced for FY 2007-08.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26024

At least 15 first-party games due in fiscal year

Sony has promised PlayStation 3 owners that at least 145 titles are on the way to the US, which includes approximately 40 PSN titles and more than 105 boxed games.

The clarification follows Sony Computer Entertainment president Kaz Hirai's recent statement promising 380 titles within the fiscal year ending March 2008.

According to an SCEA spokesman, Hirai was citing international figures.

The number of first-party titles announced for fiscal 2007 stands at 15, including Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, LAIR, Little Big Planet, Eye of Judgment, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Third-party titles currently scheduled for fiscal 2007 include Coded Arms: Assault, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The big problem when you make these kind of announcements is that you box yourself into a corner. If you don't live up to the statements, you wind up looking stupid.

Well glad they cleared up whether or not the games were US or WW.

I don't get why Sony makes statements like this...sure it gives the public the impression that they're on the up-and-up with plenty of games in the future...but they had better have all those games when they say they're coming, or else fans will get mad. I don't think Nintendo or Microsoft typically do that...it's better to keep some things low profile, because games like Project HAMMER just get cancelled sometimes...that's how things go.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

shams said:

Sony have issued an UPDATE to this statement. Now the figure stands at "145" titles for the US, due until March 2008.

This includes 40 PSN titles, and 105 boxed titles. There are only 15 "1st-party" PS3 titles announced for FY 2007-08.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26024

At least 15 first-party games due in fiscal year

Sony has promised PlayStation 3 owners that at least 145 titles are on the way to the US, which includes approximately 40 PSN titles and more than 105 boxed games.

The clarification follows Sony Computer Entertainment president Kaz Hirai's recent statement promising 380 titles within the fiscal year ending March 2008.

According to an SCEA spokesman, Hirai was citing international figures.

The number of first-party titles announced for fiscal 2007 stands at 15, including Heavenly Sword, Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, LAIR, Little Big Planet, Eye of Judgment, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Third-party titles currently scheduled for fiscal 2007 include Coded Arms: Assault, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

LBP is first party now?

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:

LBP is first party now?

just when was it not 1st party ?