By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Could Guild Wars 2 be comming to PS3?

If you don't know by now Guild Wars is the second biggest MMORPG out with over 5 million users only World of Warcraft is more popular.

Two things have lead me to speculate that there may be a PS3 version of Guild Wars 2:

1. NC Soft the company behind Guild Wars has signed up to make 4 PS3 exclusives.

2. We haven't seen much of the game since it came out, an indication to me that there is some lengthy PS3 progamming going on there.

So could it be possible? I'm seeing a trend of more MMORPGs on consoles lately.

Around the Network

It could be true. There will be a lot of MMO fans on the PS3 with, The Agency, DCU and MAG just announced.

Could Guild Wars 2 be coming to PS3? It sure can.
Will it bomb horribly saleswise? It sure will.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Guild Wars is not an MMORPG, and I doubt it will come to any console. The PS3 'exclusives' should be more like true MMORPGs like Aion Online and such.

dolemit3 said:
Could Guild Wars 2 be coming to PS3? It sure can.
Will it bomb horribly saleswise? It sure will.

Good for you kid making predictions based on nothing. Good for you.

Around the Network
shio said:
Guild Wars is not an MMORPG, and I doubt it will come to any console. The PS3 'exclusives' should be more like true MMORPGs like Aion Online and such.

Then what is it? A puzzle game? a fighting game? You must live in a very strange land, where up is down and down is up and PC gaming is inexpensive. Oh and according to you WoW comes on "5 DVDs" right?

It's an RPG, and it's online. But instanced everything isn't exactly "massively multiplayer."

badgenome said:
It's an RPG, and it's online. But instanced everything isn't exactly "massively multiplayer."

5 million userers is not massively multiplayer? You can even go from server to server at any time in seconds without being charged $16.

5 million userers is a lot of userers, I'll give you that!

Guild Wars is officially an CORPG, Corporate Online according to ANet
And I don't think it will be coming to the PS3, but this is just a guess.