By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - There are too many war games.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting burned out on war games, WW2 has been covered almost to death (at least the European theatre) and even modern combat games seem to be becoming a crowded field.

Just looking at war game releases for the 360 until the end of the year we have:

• Hour of Victory (WW2 European and North African theatres)
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (WW2 European theatre)
  • Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions (WW2 European theatre)
  • America's Army: True Soldiers (War Present Day)
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (War Present Day)
  • Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway (WW2 European theatre)
  • Turning Point Fall of Liberty (WW2 Alternate timeline in which Nazis beat Russia and England)
  • Codename: Panzers (WW2 European theatre)
  • Crossfire (Covert War Present Day)
  • Dogtag (Covert War Present Day)
  • Strike Force Red Cell (Covert War Present Day)
  • Warhound (Covert War Present Day)
  • Frontlines: Fuel for War (War between Europe/US and Russia/China)

Some of these will likely slip to 2008 and I haven't even mentioned the list of 2008 war games, it's too bad third parties couldn't come up with more original ideas.  I realize I'm sometimes hard on the Wii but at least some of the third parties on that system are going out of their way to come up with some fresh ideas, some 360 developers need to do the same.

Around the Network

the developers make these games because of the perceptions the 360 owners are only interested in these types of games, kinda like the way other people perceive the Wii is only for kiddies and casuals. I don't know how people perceive for the PS3. See, stereotypes are bad but everyone does it.

Call of Duty and Halo are the games that are to blame here ... they just sold too well (and FPSes are easy to make , don't require a long or deep story , can milk the custumers easily thorugh downloadable maps)

Company of Men Who Are Also Brothers: Medal of the Rising Sun.

As soon as that game comes out, we've officially milked the udder dry.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Company of Men Who Are Also Brothers: Medal of the Rising Sun.

As soon as that game comes out, we've officially milked the udder dry.

What about

War Chonicles Annihilation: Crossfire of the Bloody Battlefront 3

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

At least Call of Duty must be worth playing, I do not know about the others.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Dear Mr. President. There are too many states these days. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot!

- Proud to have never bought a single WW1/2/3 game. Unless Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 is WW3.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
Dear Mr. President. There are too many states these days. Please eliminate three. I am not a crackpot!

- Proud to have never bought a single WW1/2/3 game. Unless Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 is WW3.

It is.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hell no, people are just bored playing american saves the day.

Gimmi a game where iam the Russians or Chinese and i get to invade the usa.

not a single game? that's sad...Call of Duty really is fun.

So is Day of Defeat: Source.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )