By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who else hated the lady in nintendo e3?

Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

what is her name

I dident find her annoying or bad, she seemed fine to me.

Seemed better than the only other woman exec in the MS conference.

Cammie Dunaway (hope I got that name right) is the head of Nintendo PR, for the curious. I'm sure she was included as part of the presentation to demonstrate the obvious fact that Nintendo wants to sell Wiis and DSes to everyone. That includes middle-aged, household mothers. Having Dunaway up there for the typical gamer was probably like having their own mother up on stage: awkward, somewhat clueless, clearly not a "gamer". I think that's why the reaction here in this thread is so viciously negative; if anyone can play games, teen males no longer have their own "secret tree fort" where they can brag about how leet they are. It's obvious who's really being childish here...

Anyway, look at the Microsoft and Sony presentations. All male faces (with the one Microsoft exception), mostly in their 20s and 30s, aside from the CEOs like Jack Tretton. I watched the Sony presentation in full this afternoon, and it was striking how different the whole tone was from Nintendo's morning event. Sony's event featured lots of trailers playing; it was rather like watching movie previews. Nintendo's presentation was all about people PLAYING the games (often badly!) to demonstrate the motion controls.

If you want a difference in console philosophies, look no further. Nintendo's presentation was all about creating games where a 40-year old woman with no talent can have fun. Sony's presentation focused on pushing hardware specs to the limit and delivering "kickass" games. (Tretton said that himself!) Unfortunately for Sony, the number of "kickass gamers" is actually pretty small. And that's why Nintendo's Wii is so successful right now.

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Around the Network

Meh. They needed a woman to show how DS and Wii have attracted a female gaming audience but honestly there wasn't anything new that was of any importance anyway (besides the enhanced motion controls) so the conference would have pretty much sucked if Reggie did all of it.

Seems many here have a strong aversion to clearly spoken English. It's refreshing to hear every syllable crisply enunciated.

Besides, she's a Nintendo broad, which makes her automatically delish. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for dissing her. You better hope Reggie doesn't hunt each of you down and throttle your necks like he did the Wiimote during the jet ski game demo.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

She was acting like she was in a play. It was really stiff and atrocious. My girlfriend was especially humored by it. Reggie should have done the whole thing.

I was about to make this topic, but was gonna call it "The main reson Nintendo's E3 Sucked".

Lucky I didnt watch it live I fastforwarded almost all of her parts.

yes, please fire the stupid women person and promote reggie to gaming god.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=47568

brawl friendcode - 3823-8201-9151

mario kart wii friendcode - 0387-9491-4552

PM me if you add me plz.

150vg$ bet(with haggy) mk wii 2009 worldwide sales > any 360/ps3 game released in 2009.

current mk wii worldwide sales (jan 9th): 553k