By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - the Blu-ray thread, will go on untill hddvds death.

22 pages later... all done and dusted?

Good to see this site is still going 

Around the Network

Talk about missing the point. This thread was not started as a genuine support for blu-ray. It was started to bash HD-DVD. I was not arguing HD-DVD would win. I was arguing that it was bullshit to bash HD-DVD. Just because HD-DVD is going away does not make your bullshit magically true.

And all bashing is bullshit, so that applies anywhere.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I would like to point out that "banned for trolling" =/= "everything he posted was trolling".

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

HD-DVD has to truly die before we can lay this thread to rest. That would entail one of the following:

1. Toshiba calls it quits.

2. Universal and Paramount go Blu-Ray and/or neutral.

3. Retailers completely drop HD-DVD.

I predict 1 will happen first, then 2, then 3.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Lordthenightknight won't be satisfied until Toshiba gives official word, so let's just wait till then.

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
Lordthenightknight won't be satisfied until Toshiba gives official word, so let's just wait till then.

Actually I won't be satisfied until these people realize HD-DVD losing does not mean blu-ray wins. Of course they think DVD is going to go away "just because", so I don't think they are going to admit this anyway. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Final-Fan said:
I would like to point out that "banned for trolling" =/= "everything he posted was trolling".

I didn't stated everything he posted was trolling. I don't think. Yet this thread certainly was. Just the text isn't there anymore.

LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:

Actually I won't be satisfied until these people realize HD-DVD losing does not mean blu-ray wins. Of course they think DVD is going to go away "just because", so I don't think they are going to admit this anyway. 

I would like you to acknowledge the fact that this was SOME manner of victory for bluray, though.  This was like the primary election.  Now Bluray is going against DVD in the main presidential election, so to speak.  You can't get there unless you win the primary first, correct?  This doesn't mean DVD will weaken or that new problems have not arisen, but this was a victory on SOME level any way you slice it.

NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:

I would like you to acknowledge the fact that this was SOME manner of victory for bluray, though. This was like the primary election. Now Bluray is going against DVD in the main presidential election, so to speak. You can't get there unless you win the primary first, correct? This doesn't mean DVD will weaken or that new problems have not arisen, but this was a victory on SOME level any way you slice it.

Actuall, this was more HD-DVD's loss. They didn't make the right deals, blu-ray did. And this is not an only one format situation. That's another fallacy. It was possible dual players could have been the norm. Just because that didn't happen doesn't mean it wasn't possible. HD-DVD could have stuck around and blu-ray could still have hit mainstream. 

LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:

I would like you to acknowledge the fact that this was SOME manner of victory for bluray, though. This was like the primary election. Now Bluray is going against DVD in the main presidential election, so to speak. You can't get there unless you win the primary first, correct? This doesn't mean DVD will weaken or that new problems have not arisen, but this was a victory on SOME level any way you slice it.

Actuall, this was more HD-DVD's loss. They didn't make the right deals, blu-ray did. And this is not an only one format situation. That's another fallacy. It was possible dual players could have been the norm. Just because that didn't happen doesn't mean it wasn't possible. HD-DVD could have stuck around and blu-ray could still have hit mainstream. 

Yes, but that did not happen.  And how could it be more of HD DVD's loss, when "they didn't make the right deals, blu-ray did."  It seems blu-ray accomplished something that HD DVD could not.  That seems to be a victory.  It takes two to tango.  I won't get into the business specifics of hybrid players being the norm instead of a single victor, because I honestly don't know them.  But this was a blu-ray victory.