By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Danerous to purchase a wii

Full article at:  http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=81712 

Unfortunately, the marketing hype has become so successful that it has led to incidents of mugging and stealing that police even issued safety warnings. In London, the warnings are being given away with the Wii consoles, alerting consumers that the console is “a highly coveted and exclusive device” and that there are criminal elements that may be on the lookout to take the machine. The warnings even advise new Wii owners to avoid poorly lit areas and plan their routes back home so that they can avoid being followed by car.

Other consoles have had shortages in the past, especially during the first 6 months.  Have they had similar problems for people purchasing them?

Around the Network

Doubt it. Wii is just that good.

PS3 during the first month or so. After that, however....

New labels to be posted on all Wiis:

"Buy at your own risk. Store is not responsible for any injuries or deaths due to purchase of this machine."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Danerous? :D

Edit : o lol dangerous,

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

They said that to me when i bought mine...i could have DIED!!!

Despite how hard it is to get a Wii in the stores you can still get one on Ebay cheaper then a full price ps3, meaning I don't get why it's so dangerous. You can steal a ps3 and use the money to buy a Wii on ebay and some games.

When I got my Wii (a while back, maybe within a week of its release), it was because I had a friend who was an employee at a certain retailer (he and the store will remain nameless, but do I owe him one for the hook-ups.) Anyway, when I went in to pick up the Wii he had arranged to be set aside for me, (mind you, absolutely no one could find this thing at that point, even more so than now) the kid put it in an Xbox360 bag to disguise it from would-be Wii-nappers. I even brought my brother along to act as my body-guard. It was all I could do not to let a big smile tear across my face as I was walking out of there all slick with my coveted Wii.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.

Neos said:
Danerous? :D

Edit : o lol dangerous,

Yeah...  I type without reading...  and you can go back and fix posts, but I don't know how to fix the subject!  If a moderator can fix the typo on the subject (or if someone can tell me how I can fix it myself), that would be appreciated...

There's no way :(

Even I cannot help you.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )