By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - spore wii still in development,new screens

looks good

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
jalsonmi said:
Nice news, but unless the Wii version brings something new and interesting to the table, I'll probably just by it for the PC (well, the Mac, but that's beside the point). I'm rather looking forward to this game, and while I'm not a buy-on-launch-date kind of guy, I'll probably want it sooner rather than later. And there's still enough uncertainty about the game that I don't know it it'd be worth waiting for just for the Wii version. With the release date for PC so soon, I don't know how much more information we'll get about the Wii version. So it comes down to waiting for a version that has some unknowns surrounding it and no knowledge of when it'll be released versus buying what's already there. As the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Then again, if it comes out that there will be something special about the Wii version--something the Wiimote will allow you to do that somehow can't be done with a keyboard and mouse (which does seem a little unlikely to me, I must say--but then, it's never wise to underestimate Will Wright), then Spore on Wii here I come. It'll sit right next to my copy of Sim City Creator, which if it turns out well might be the closest thing I get to Sim City 5 for a while. Yay free drawing roads! I've wanted that forever.

It allows you to control your monsters hand gestures and stuff.  That's about the only difference between the two versions i'd guess.

I wonder if the Nintendo content channel will be watched more frequently or what though.

maybe ill dust off my wii....

Whoa, that actually looks pretty amazing! For a Wii game. :o

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

RDBRaptor said:
Man, it looks just as good as the PC version. Gamespot didn't just take some shots from PC section and slap them in there did they?

THe screens are in the PC section of Spore too, and it looks just like the PC version.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

Well the Spaceship and other modes seems to indicate Shio was horribly wrong about the Wii version being a "gimped" version.

Go figure.

He may be eating some massive crow.

Kinda sad really.  I'd rather the Wii version be different so i'd have a reason to pick it up too.

Those screens are from the PC version...

Good news for me the Creature Maker was crashing my PC and my friend had his Creature shown at the EA E3 showing, that could of been me...

It looks amazing, even when you consider the images are upscaled. I will definitely get this, not sure if I'll get it for both the PC and Wii though.

I keep seeing "Looks great but the PC version will be better", this is like amazing, surely you guys know by now that Wii's install bases values aren't about graphics as a primary so what exactly is "better"?

What are you calling better? I seriously would like to know what is "better"?

If you can't put your finger on it either then please sit beside me and wait patiently for one of the guys saying it's going to be "better" define what is "better".

This is like the whole 2006 - 2007 issue with Wii vs HD Twins, it took people almost a whole year to accept the values were different, some still don't. I mean I can understand the lack of distinction with the HD Twins and PC but c'mon the Wii is obvious.

lack luster graphics, backwards design, powerpc, motion controls and the channel interface. How does that stick to pc values?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

shio said:
Kasz216 said:

Well the Spaceship and other modes seems to indicate Shio was horribly wrong about the Wii version being a "gimped" version.

Go figure.

He may be eating some massive crow.

Kinda sad really. I'd rather the Wii version be different so i'd have a reason to pick it up too.

Those screens are from the PC version...

Must be an early PC build then.  Cause the trailers and spore creature creator look a lot better.