By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean The Last Hope trailer with actual gameplay footage

Stats87 said:

The graphics look good, obviously not as good as those rendered screenshots.

The environments are the best aspect of the graphics. The graphics actually kind of look awkward, as if the Character Model doesn't belong in the Environment.

NONSENSE!

SO4 is so beautiful...it brings tears to my eyes.

A couple of new things I noticed:

- Looks like the mini map in battle can be turned off

- Fury (Guts), your battle stamina, was changed to "Rush"

- "Link Combo Bonus" looks like the cancel bonus from SO3. The process of linking special attacks and chaining them into combos were known as Link Combos in SO1/2, and were in SO3 as cancel bonuses that increased damage with every successive special attack in the combo.

- The place they're fighting at in the first two pics looks like the planet from the first trailer...

-  I can't get a good look at the two characters so I can't tell what their weapons are...but they both can use magic as confirmed by the trailer at least.

- Finally they've moved towards an onscreen indicator of enemy and their HP at all times. The symbol behind the picture looks like it correspodns with the 'type' of enemy.

- PARTIAL TRANSLATIONS: I ran these screens by someone with limited Japanese knowledge and this is what he came up with

Enemies: "Ancient Chimera" and "Dragon General"

Special Attacks: "Flash Stream," "Cyclone Blade" (Edge) and something to do with the moon for Reimi's special

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Around the Network

Looks pretty impressive...

4 ≈ One

Never played a Star Ocean game before, is it an ARPG?

Stats87 said:

The graphics look good, obviously not as good as those rendered screenshots.

The environments are the best aspect of the graphics. The graphics actually kind of look awkward, as if the Character Model doesn't belong in the Environment.

The character models aren't as detailed as the enviornments are.  I still like the character designs though.  They are anime influenced like previous games in the series yet they are a little more realistically poportoined.

Shameless said:

It is a traditional JRPG but with a real-time battle system similar to the Tales series except the battles are free roam.

Around the Network
Shameless said:
It's a hybrid ARPG. Battles are still like a turn based game: You run into a group of enemies to begin the combat mode. The game then transitions to an Action RPG-like battle...Free-roaming, non-turn based, real time combat. Kind of like Tales games, but not 2d, and faster (imo) paced.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

This game looks fucking gorgeous, i agree with claudes statement, it looks like SO3 on steroids. Can't fucking wait for SO4, Go Tri-Ace :)

I didn't really care about this game. But after seeing that video, it looks pretty damn fun.