By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gold 5 + PS3 pack in Japan

ssj12 said:

PS1 was first launched in Japan on Dec 3, 1994. Discontinued 2006

PS2 was launched in Japan on March 4, 2000. (roughly 5.5 years) will be discontinued when ps4 is 6 months from release

PS3 was launched in Japan on November 11, 2006. (roughly 6.5 years, due to delayed launch) will be discontinued 6 months or so before ps5

Yeah, and you have completely missed my point: The half-life of a console is designed for roughly five years. The full life of a console is designed for roughly 10 years. I direct you to this sentence from my previous post:

In both cases, the console's half-life is 5 years, then a new model is released. The old model then starts to fade, and eventually put to pasture just before the new model is launched.

What you have placed in bold merely corroborates that fact. This is the same for both Sony and Nintendo. In fact, the only console to not follow this trend has been the Xbox.

And that also means the Wii is not going to die out in five years. Its successor will be launched in about five years' time, and will be discontinued after about 10 years of existence.

The PS3 will suffer pretty much the same fate. It certainly will not have a half-life of 10 years.

Around the Network

*yawn* this was discussed to death millions of times (especially on this site) ...
everyone knows the arguments and people weight them differently .. why just can't people seem to accept that , but rather have to try over and over again to make someone scratch his own opinion to adapt theirs ?

We all should know by now ,that this will never happen , because 99% of the people here know the statistics, facts and numbers you base your argumention on , but some just see a different trend then the crowd - is that wrong in any way ? 

I think it isn't and it shouldn't be a reason to insult them in anyway - over and out

Lafiel said:
*yawn* this was discussed to death millions of times (especially on this site) ...
everyone knows the arguments and people weight them differently .. why just can't people seem to accept that , but rather have to try over and over again to make someone scratch his own opinion to adapt theirs ?

We all should know by now ,that this will never happen , because 99% of the people here know the statistics, facts and numbers you base your argumention on , but some just see a different trend then the crowd - is that wrong in any way ?

I think it isn't and it shouldn't be a reason to insult them in anyway - over and out
wow, you really like using random effects to emphasise your words!

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

@ omgwtfbbq )

it certainly seems to be fun to provoke people by ridiculing them

Is there anything of substance you want to tell me ?

The PS3 will suffer pretty much the same fate. It certainly will not have a half-life of 10 years.

Will be a good quote in a signature after E3. =))

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200706/N07.0621.1411.52644.htm

ONLINE CONFIRMED, downloadable content from psna strong possibility!

More a E3.

omgwtfbbq said:

you need to practise your reading comprehension. I have no idea how you managed to get what you did from my statement. Let me make it clearer for you:

PS3 will never have higher yearly sales than Wii in Japan.

Need me to make it even clearer?

in 2006 Wii has outsold PS3 in Japan.
in 2007 Wii will outsell PS3 in Japan.
in 2008 Wii will outsell PS3 in Japan.
in 2009 Wii will outsell PS3 in Japan.
in 2010 Wii will outsell PS3 in Japan.
in 2011 Wii will outsell PS3 in Japan.
in 2012 Wii will outsell PS3 in Japan.
Do you need me to keep going, or do you get the point?

In other words, I'm not just saying that Wii will end up with higher LTD sales than PS3 at the end of their respective lives, but that the PS3 will not have a single year where it outsells the Wii.

This is the future of Japan as predicted by me. If you wish to save this post like you have been later to show me in 2012 when PS3 makes its amazing comeback, go ahead. It will just be wasted time.

Well yes. See, my small mind can't comprehend the English language very well so I need very basic break downs. So please help my small, simple mind comprehend what you're tring to tell me by answering as simplly as is possible.

1)Will the Wii home console out sell the PS3 in Japan by 2012?

2)Will the Wii home console out sell the PS3 world wide by 2012?

and just for kicks - 3) Will the Wii home console out sell the PS3, in Japan and world wide, by the time both consoles get discontinued?

Answering a simple yes or no to these questions will trully help my simple mind better understand your answers.

Blue3 said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200706/N07.0621.1411.52644.htm

ONLINE CONFIRMED, downloadable content from psna strong possibility!

More a E3.

Yeah that's good.. but I think this was already announced a while back.. I think.

Chubear, I applaud your unwillingness to change your bold lettering, although it irks every posting member. You're an oak.

And to answer your questions:
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

Lafiel said:
... I hate it when threads get soooo off topic .. anyone still interested in the Minna no Golf 5 + PS3 bundle?

Yes I know. I think I'm largly to blame for that as I didn't expect to become a lighting rod for bashing with my views.