By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Everybody's Gold 5 + PS3 pack in Japan

What the- shams??

They're trying to outflank me!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Speaking more on topic, the numbers Happy posted are not just a recent snapshot in time. He also posted the numbers for previous years. When you have 4-5 years, you can show a trend, and the trend has been heading towards nintendo and away from Sony for years now (even in the height of the Ps2).

I don't know if this pack in will help, but it would be nice if it did for sony's sake. However, I have to agree that I don't think I'd want to play a golf game on a normal controller again...no matter how good the graphics looked.

BenKenobi88 said:
What the- shams??

They're trying to outflank me!

LOL, typical... perfect timing ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Chubear said:

OK, Japan is Sony's - period. I know the wii's been selling like hotcakes (it has everywhere really) but by nov. next year we'll start to see signs of a significant shift from wii to PS3 in Japan. Sony has a boat load of new stuff we - ..erm.. I mean the general public - haven't even heard of yet coming for that region of the world and they'll take their time to make sure they nail their presentation and line-up right so once the momentum starts, the chances of it slowing would be minimal.

My, my - aren't you the brave one!

"Japan is Sony's - period"

I admire your confidence - especially after people were saying the same thing about the PSP:DS.

In my opinion, Sony will be doing well if they can take HALF the marketshare that the Wii will take.

Don't forget that you actually have competition this time around. And like the DS:PSP - its not that the PSP will sell badly, or have bad games - its that the DS will sell so much better, cheaper and have more innovative, casual tititles.

Exactly the same thing will happen to this console generation (unless there is a massive turnaround!). Except (if anything), the Wii is doing a lot better than the DS did at this stage of its life.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Quantum-Tarantino said:
Chubear said:
Apart from their new IP's for Japan, new comer - White knight (that I feel may garner FF like figures eventually) and ofcourse the grand daddy of proven IPs in the region - Final Fantasy - will be the litmus test. If FF doesn't shift mind blowing # of consoles in Japan then I'd say yes, Japan belongs to Nintendo. Though I expect Everybodies Golf to move a very good number of consoles, I'm not expecting an over whelming spike in hardware sales from it.

Quick correction. Dragon Quest is the grand daddy. FF is a perennial runner up

nope, you're wrong. Dragon Quest is the perennial runner up. The Grand Daddy in Japan is Pokemon. Final Fantasy doesn't even place.

And the top three are all exclusive to Nintendo now. There is no hope that Sony will be ahead of Nintendo by 2012. In fact, I will say right now, categorically, to make Chubear happy, that the PS3 will never outsell the Wii over a year in Japan until the end of their respective lives. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

@ omgwtfbbq )

I think , that Wii sales will decline rapidly after 3 years , while PS3 sales remain constant on a good level (better than todays) and that Wii will see it's successor (which will abruptly kill nearly all sales) about 1 - 1 1/2 years earlier ,than the PS3.

That's only my opinion how this will go on ,but time will tell.

omgwtfbbq said:

nope, you're wrong. Dragon Quest is the perennial runner up. The Grand Daddy in Japan is Pokemon. Final Fantasy doesn't even place.

And the top three are all exclusive to Nintendo now. There is no hope that Sony will be ahead of Nintendo by 2012. In fact, I will say right now, categorically, to make Chubear happy, that the PS3 will never outsell the Wii over a year in Japan until the end of their respective lives. 

So from what I understand of your statement you do agree that Sony's PS3 will eventually out sell the wii in Japan but you don't think it'll be in the next coming year, right? So the ony thing different about what I said is that you believe it'll take longer than the next year for the Japan to shift to the PS3? Well... I guess that's a decent outlook .. but still, it's the same end result so how they get there isn't really the major thing, it's mainly who'll win at the end of the day that matters really.

Lafiel said:
@ omgwtfbbq )

I think , that Wii sales will decline rapidly after 3 years , while PS3 sales remain constant on a good level (better than todays) and that Wii will see it's successor (which will abruptly kill nearly all sales) about 1 - 1 1/2 years earlier ,than the PS3.

That's only my opinion how this will go on ,but time will tell.

Ding, ding, ding, tell him what he's won Johnny.

shams said:
Chubear said:

OK, Japan is Sony's - period. I know the wii's been selling like hotcakes (it has everywhere really) but by nov. next year we'll start to see signs of a significant shift from wii to PS3 in Japan. Sony has a boat load of new stuff we - ..erm.. I mean the general public - haven't even heard of yet coming for that region of the world and they'll take their time to make sure they nail their presentation and line-up right so once the momentum starts, the chances of it slowing would be minimal.

My, my - aren't you the brave one!

"Japan is Sony's - period"

I admire your confidence - especially after people were saying the same thing about the PSP:DS.

In my opinion, Sony will be doing well if they can take HALF the marketshare that the Wii will take.

Don't forget that you actually have competition this time around. And like the DS:PSP - its not that the PSP will sell badly, or have bad games - its that the DS will sell so much better, cheaper and have more innovative, casual tititles.

Exactly the same thing will happen to this console generation (unless there is a massive turnaround!). Except (if anything), the Wii is doing a lot better than the DS did at this stage of its life.

No dude, not brave at all. Brave would mean me sticking my neck on the line in belief that it won't be hacked off. I'm afraid I'm not so brave at all. My statements don't come from some act of bravado but just a pattern I see plain as day that others, oddly enough, don't see.

See, there are people that make a good living from watching patterns develop in varied industrial fields. These guys (if they're good) can see + or - patterns and inform their clients on their findings. Some are very good at it and see these patterns plain as day, others are OK at it but most people really suck at it thus the need for financial industry analysts.

I wish I could lead you to believe I have gonads of a Bull but in actuality it's just that I see clear as day. Unles something catastrophic happens in the industry, Sony's console will be on top for this gen yet again. The only difference I see is the Nintendo beating out MCs console this time round.

Kytiara said:
Dolla Dolla said:

Chubear, I see no reason for you to get banned. The use of bold letters is allowed, it's just EXTREMELY ANNOYING when you bold E V E R Y  S I N G L E word you post.

It would be a courtesy on your part to stop, not a necessity. Other than that, enjoy. 

Yeah, chubear.  I don't think you should get banned, but it is pretty irritating.  How would you like it if evevything I posted was in this god awful colour that was impossible to read without getting pissed off about it?

If you can't read it, just highlight it...

Here's the thing see, if I actually WANTED to read what you wrote I'd simply go the extra mile and highlight the words with the mouse. However, if I couldn't be bothered to know what you wrote I just won't bother reading it.. as I just did. It's not compulsary you read posts. If you don't want to read posts from Chubear you can jsut skip it and ignore the post or place chubear on your ignore list.

Though I must say, this whole up in arms thing with bold font and comparing it to writing in capitals is very strange to me. So what if I decided to use a different lettering font that you don't like? will I be banned for that too? That's just crazy.