By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is anything else happening today or was Microsoft's conference it?

Around the Network

So wait a minute, they are just porting the game AFTER it releases on the PS3, is anyone else taking this for that announcement?

FFXIII will be released the PS3, THEN they will allow it to be ported to the 360 to be released in NA and EU.

Its like Bioshock, correct?

brute said:
slimeattack said:
I'm a PS3 owner, and I don't care, because I never wanted to get this game.

but you have to admit it is a pretty big blow to sony

Well, it is a blow, but this doesn't mean that the console war is over. Did multiplatform GTA IV kill the PS3?

Jandre002 said:
So wait a minute, they are just porting the game AFTER it releases on the PS3, is anyone else taking this for that announcement?

FFXIII will be released the PS3, THEN they will allow it to be ported to the 360 to be released in NA and EU.

Its like Bioshock, correct?

I'm pretty sure I read that they're going to finish working on the PS3 and then port it to the 360 and release them around the same time.

Never expected this. Microsoft, I'm jumping in!

Around the Network
ferret1603 said:
Shameless said:
ferret1603 said:
Why are PS3 fans so gutted? You're still getting the game!

Because they could have bought a 360 and got 4 other JRPGs.

I thought Sony fans cared about games like Metal Gear Solid, Tekken and Gran Turismo though? None of them are coming to the 360.

Well, besides MGS, they can play those games on the PS2. Stop acting like you don't know what's happened here. You're not a babe in the woods. It's too early for damage control, just steer clear of the interent if you can't handle the aftermath of the megaton.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Kyros - No it won't. As Sony fans, you'd be getting what has already been announced or strongly rumored. Nothing new, just keeping the old regime of games that are already slated.

Microsoft actually had something worth a crap outside of what they already have. Sony needs to announce a major exclusive to remotely counter what MS has done. If they just show LBP, KZ2, R2, GoW3, or GT5 stuff, that's pretty much what has been expected. Last I checked, E3 was about new innovations, not old stuff we already knew. MS had plenty of old stuff and they got trashed by board memebers for that, why not Sony?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

FIRST: FFXIII released on the PS3 in Japan.

SECOND: FFXIII released SIMULTANEOUSLY on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the West.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ZenfoldorVGI said:
ferret1603 said:
Shameless said:
ferret1603 said:
Why are PS3 fans so gutted? You're still getting the game!

Because they could have bought a 360 and got 4 other JRPGs.

I thought Sony fans cared about games like Metal Gear Solid, Tekken and Gran Turismo though? None of them are coming to the 360.

Well, besides MGS, they can play those games on the PS2. Stop acting like you don't know what's happened here. You're not a babe in the woods. It's too early for damage control, just steer clear of the interent if you can't handle the aftermath of the megaton.

Damage control? I'm a Wii owner and don't have a PS3 or an Xbox 360. It makes no difference to me what happens in the HD race, I don't even have an HDTV. And as I said, I hate RPGs so again, it makes no difference to me. I just can't understand what the big deal is for PS3 fans when they're still getting the game. They don't have to sell their console and buy a 360 instead in order to play it, and all the other games they bought the console for still exist. I can understand RPG fans who only own an Xbox being happy but it makes no difference to PS3 owners. The latest versions of those games can only be played on a PS3. Final Fantasy is also available on the PS2, but people always want the latest in the series.

Well, considering the Last Remnant will be ported to PCs and that FFXIII is developed with Crystal Tools on PC, a PC version of FFXIII is more than possible to come out. Expect this to happen to FFXIII Versus as well, even though they say that it still is exclusive.

Like Dallinor said, with the multiplatform release SE will sell more copies of FFXIII than if it was exclusive (though not more copies than older FFs, it´s just that the PS3 userbase is a lot smaller than before).

I don´t believe M$ money-hatted SE for a multiplatform release. They wouldn´t be lying when they were clearly asked if there was any financial arrangement, except for Yoichi Wada.