By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft just conceded to the Wii?

kn said:
You all are truly missing the big picture. Do you think Microsoft gives a damn about Nintendo winning this generation? Microsoft got into the gaming business as a means to gain control of the living room. Nintendo hasn't made any attempt to become a multimedia device. Sony has. Microsoft might just publish games on the Wii/DS to make some money to fund their battle with Sony... oh wait, they are...

Of course they do, they have always tried to undermind and attack the success of the Wii. But earlier today, the world was watching and they had no leg to stand on. This was the time to say "hey we got the PS3 covered and now were coming to get you Wii", but they don't have the balls to do that, or is it just cause they don't have the console to do that :)

Nintendo = Innovation = Wii

Around the Network

360 will end up last and sony will have a new found area of importance again at the end of this genratio if you ppl know anything its never count out those in last......Nintendo last generation, China last Century

damkira said:

I'm glad ms is finally starting to choose its battles a bit more wisely.. they couldn't beat apple and now they've conceded defeat to nintendo.

It probably will end up outselling the PS3 this generation though.

At what?  MP3 players? phones?  Those are tertitiary markets.  That is not M$'s bread and butter.  If Apple starts grabbing more than %10 market share in the pc arena, then M$ will give a shit about Apple.

Wii has won this generation. E3 tomorrow will reinforce this victory. Have faith!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

papflesje said:
peetee said:
Second is not bad!

"you're not winning silver, you're losing gold"

Oooh, that's a nice one.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
kn said:
You all are truly missing the big picture. Do you think Microsoft gives a damn about Nintendo winning this generation? Microsoft got into the gaming business as a means to gain control of the living room. Nintendo hasn't made any attempt to become a multimedia device. Sony has. Microsoft might just publish games on the Wii/DS to make some money to fund their battle with Sony... oh wait, they are...

Microsoft would trade places with Nintendo in a heartbeat.  They would give up the living room for all the billions Nintendo is raking in.  It must be killing MS that they have to keep pouring money into this just to keep it afloat, while Ninty is making a killing.

papflesje said:
peetee said:
Second is not bad!

"you're not winning silver, you're losing gold"

EPIC!

OT

I don't think they have the balls to say they will beat a console that is selling 1.8m of units each month..

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

whatever said:
kn said:

Microsoft would trade places with Nintendo in a heartbeat. They would give up the living room for all the billions Nintendo is raking in. It must be killing MS that they have to keep pouring money into this just to keep it afloat, while Ninty is making a killing.

I don't agree... Are you familiar with a little thing in Windows called Media Center?  The goal is to make Windows ubiquitous throughout the house on every piece of electronics and in every form of media and communication.  Phones, TVs, computers, media players/hubs, gaming, and so on.  Hell, they were even behind a big chunk of the operating system on HD-DVD.  Yes, they would love to be earning Nintendo's billions, but the Wii doesn't grow the empire -- it just makes money.  Microsoft is hoping to eventually own the whole household universe.  The Wii is truly a gaming machine and nothing more.  A superb one, and very profitable, but a game machine none-the-less.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

If you ain't first, your last.

And they said 10.3 million 360s in the US, 10.2 Wiis.

Don't know where Don Mattrick got the number from.