By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Thanks for the reviews, guys... It seems the game isn't necessarily as bad as some have made it out to be. I'll have to wait and check it out when it is on gamefly, though, because I prefer local co-op and I am fairly certain this is online co-op only. Bummer. If I'm going to play hack-n-slash action/rpg, I want to do it local co-op.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

At first when I heard that the game is only 10 hours long I was like: " Dam, what kind of RPG is only 10 hours long?" but then I remembered that the only reason a lot of RPGs take forever is due to filler content and personally nowadays I have too little time for proper RPG gaming, so short games in my apartment get beaten first so I can start concentrating on 60 hour + games. So 10 hours isnt so bad, at least for me. What is going to be this game's saving grace is good offline co-op. If co-op is only online, it depends on whether my friends will buy it.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

Chemical said:
At first when I heard that the game is only 10 hours long I was like: " Dam, what kind of RPG is only 10 hours long?" but then I remembered that the only reason a lot of RPGs take forever is due to filler content and personally nowadays I have too little time for proper RPG gaming, so short games in my apartment get beaten first so I can start concentrating on 60 hour + games. So 10 hours isnt so bad, at least for me. What is going to be this game's saving grace is good offline co-op. If co-op is only online, it depends on whether my friends will buy it.

Unfortunately, there is no local co-op.

That is the kicker. This was gonna be a huge multiplayer thing. Originally, it was 2 player local co-op and 4 player online co-op. Now it's only 2 player online.

My biggest complaint (aside from the multiplayer downgrade) is the camera.

Chemical said:

That is only because many RPGs, especially JRPGs, take a while to get going.  What is filler content, anyway?

Riachu said:
Chemical said:

That is only because many RPGs, especially JRPGs, take a while to get going.  What is filler content, anyway?

Side quests that don't advance the story.

Around the Network

I've played through the demo twice now and I liked it a lot more the second time through. Takes a while to get used to the controls but after the initial shock they feel better.

I downloaded it in a few hours, so I'm not sure about the 10 some experienced...seem like a personal connection problem. The game is jsut as I expected, based on what I've read...the controls take some getting use to, since it's unique, but once I got comfortable, I started slicing thru them like a hot knife thru butter. This could be a long legged game with lots of after game conclusion, if they can launch DLC's for the game...it seems to lend itself to that sorta thing much better than Mass Effect, and it's ending. I'm loving it right now, and I think it's going to be a hot seller,...it's about timing, and the landscape on the 360 is empty right now.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Mistershine said:
Riachu said:
Chemical said:

That is only because many RPGs, especially JRPGs, take a while to get going. What is filler content, anyway?

Side quests that don't advance the story.

Sidequests are not suppose to advance the story, hence 'Sidequest'.

LOL MATURE said:
jasonnc80 said:
I played the demo, it lasted about an hour for me.

Story seemed decent from what little was shown.

At the beginning of the demo I wasn't feeling the combat but towards the end I started to get into it.

I think with the negative hype around the game reviews are going to be all over the place. I would put it in the 7/10 category for me so far.

It went from no interest to a rental for sure. Maybe a purchase when the price drops.

JESUS! I thought maybe munken was just slow or timing in breaks with him telling us his impressions... but you already played 1/10 of the game...

Maybe, but from what I played it didn't feel like it would have been close to 1/10th of the game.  There were quite a few cutscenes and I also spent a lot of time going through the menus trying to get an impression on the skill and equipment system.  It's still counting playtime as you're doing this.  I think if it's an actual 10 hours of gameplay (not cutscenes, sidequests, menu diving) then it shouldn't be too objectionable.

Even so it seems pretty interesting so far just not sure about $60 interesting.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I've played through it now about 5X and with that being said I'll probably play through it 5 more, all with just one characther. I had no idea the game was going to be this deep in RPG elements it really is the "console diablo". It's short but you just keep playing it over and over using different skill trees. there is easily well over 50 hours of truly unique gameplay.

I was a diablo whore back in the day and it looks like I'll be a too human whore now. I couldn't even get into the ruines, spiders, battle cry's, and armor attachments it looked endless.

The combat was nuts at first...I thought you were supposed to tap the RS at enemies. But once I figured out you are supposed to hold it and then sweep it to the next guy while using the LS to change target I was all over the place, and it was so smooth and fluid.

I can't judge the story because they don't really give you much in the demo.

Anyways, the game is nuts and it's just the demo...August can't get here fast enough.