By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank:TOD art-cover in NA could compromise its sales?

I like the NA box art, it stands out. Too many games have a guy standing with a gun nonchalantly.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

The cover was weird to say the least. It's a good thing you judge things by the inside and not the cover

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

When I first saw the cover, I immediately hoped it wouldn't be the cover for Australia/Europe. Turns out my prayers were answered. The NA box art has some artistic/creative merit, but it's basically a shot of a weird robot attached to some freak alien. However, the EU cover shows all the characters, a weapon, the enemies and features of the game (space combat, pirate levels), and in my opinion is much better.

obieslut said:
it looks like a robot with a weired hat and big ears.

the euro one looks way better

Bingo,,,,,,honestly NA cover is suited for followers of the series but it falls short of impressing broader fan base.

I actually prefer the NA one, it is more minimalistic

Around the Network

I think boxart is important, especially to those that have no clue what the game is about. The game isn't going to be taken off the shelf if it doesn't catch the eyes of the consumers.

The European cover is better but I don't really think the NA cover was bad enough to have an effect on sales. I mean, its a PS3 game and nearly all of them have had disappointing sales in NA. Its apparently a great game and will still have time to sell as more and more people get PS3s.

What?!
I live in israel. there the eu' version is publicied. and I speically ordered the us version just because the box art.
this prooves that it is all about personal taste.

Usually I dislike NA boxarts (MGS4, RE4 for GC/ps2, Ico, etc.), but I actually like this cover.