By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank:TOD art-cover in NA could compromise its sales?

who here also thinks that NA art cover is horrible?I use to think that NA art cover was a wierd mutant and had nothing to do with ratchet(I m talking about the times at beginig that I got my PS3 and was quickly browsing the game covers in the bestbuy),,,,,,on the other hand EU art cover is much better.

I actually think that the NA art cover could cost it some sales .(I was one of the people who thought the art cover did not say/represent R&T.)

NA artcover by one glance looks nothing that you would expect from ratchet,,,,,when you look at it for a second it looks like a wierd robot.(not even clank)

just compare it for yourself

NA:

Vs.

EU

what do you think?isn't it a bad cover for average consumer?

Around the Network

Yes, it made me not want the game. (I like that type of game, dont have PS3)

yeah, the cover is bad. good thing the next ratchet game is apparently downloadable.

edit: oh, and the game is awesome...one of the best I've played the last few years.

Hawkeye said:
Yes, it made me not want the game. (I like that type of game, dont have PS3)

i know ,,,,when you brrowse games in store this art cover doesn't make you think that the game is ratchet ,,but rather an average robot/mutant game.

it looks like a robot with a weired hat and big ears.

the euro one looks way better

Around the Network

I prefer the EU cover by a long way, but the NA cover isn't that bad. 

Edit: It is selling/sold slightly better in NA than EU. 

You have a point. It certainly holds no attraction for people who would be new to the series.

Ya I agree that NA art sucks

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Very few people even believed the game would sell a million, so I don't think the box art compromised sales.

@montana

It has sold well but with better art cover I m positive it could have done much better in NA.