By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fox studios has movie rights for upcoming Halo film.....

Wow, now thats funny and irronic.
what might be even funnier is if Halo: the movie is released for blu-ray and boosts the sales of the PS3. But that may also lead to MS releaseing a blu-ray add on to the 360 to promote sales. that would be hilarious.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

Around the Network
naznatips said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Blu Ray will probably be dead too by the time this movie comes out.

aka never... this movie will die in production.

Yeah, Dallas seemed to miss that and thought he was attacking Blu-Ray... lol.  The movie will never be made.  It's taken way too long as it is.

I just thought that ben kenobi was hoping that this thread wouldn't start a big argument.  I see no reason to be the source of that. 

If they make the movie as fast as Bungie release their sequels, we will watch the Halo movie in 2017.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii that comment is ridicules. if you said this about valve (still the best developer behind nintendo) that statement would be more at its place . the first one was released in 2001 en the third wil be this year which is 2007. 2007 -2001= 6 so on average that would be 6 /3= 2 years and thats not long at all. even if you count only the years between its 3 which isnt long to.

I can't wait till the movie comes out

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
ItsaMii that comment is ridicules. if you said this about valve (still the best developer behind nintendo) that statement would be more at its place . the first one was released in 2001 en the third wil be this year which is 2007. 2007 -2001= 6 so on average that would be 6 /3= 2 years and thats not long at all. even if you count only the years between its 3 which isnt long to.

It is called exaggeration, do not take it literally. What about Duke Nukem Forever that is in the limbo for more than 10 years?

Bungie takes too much time to release their games. How about 3 years to make a port to PC?  I know there is all that games for Vista thing, but they delayed the launch for several months. Halo 2 also do not improve that much to take 3 years. HALO is not a game that demands so much time on production (at least in single player) for it to take 3 years. I do not know about their experiments with multiplayer and the time with marketing, but 3 years to make a game like HALO is a lot.

Do you really want to compare Halo to Half Life 2? Lets just say that both games have the same fun factor. Still, Halo is a game that has 4 kinds of enemies coming in various colors, 8 kind of guns, 10 levels of which 3 are just earlier levels backwards and can fit in a tiny CD. I will not go on about all aspects of HL2, but you can not even compare them with Halo. So do you think that the 3 years it take to make Halo 2 is ok? Can you compare the jump that HL made to HL2 and say the same about HALO and HALO 2?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:

Bungie takes too much time to release their games. How about 3 years to make a port to PC?  I know there is all that games for Vista thing, but they delayed the launch for several months. Halo 2 also do not improve that much to take 3 years. HALO is not a game that demands so much time on production (at least in single player) for it to take 3 years. I do not know about their experiments with multiplayer and the time with marketing, but 3 years to make a game like HALO is a lot.

Do you really want to compare Halo to Half Life 2? Lets just say that both games have the same fun factor. Still, Halo is a game that has 4 kinds of enemies coming in various colors, 8 kind of guns, 10 levels of which 3 are just earlier levels backwards and can fit in a tiny CD. I will not go on about all aspects of HL2, but you can not even compare them with Halo. So do you think that the 3 years it take to make Halo 2 is ok? Can you compare the jump that HL made to HL2 and say the same about HALO and HALO 2?

Sadly they don't really focus on the single player aspect of Halo. In Halo 1, the rooms were all identical... In Halo 2, you had to play as that stupid alien for half the time, laaame, and then they leave you with a cliffhanger.

I hope the single player in Halo 3 isn't totally worthless... Although I heard there might be online co-op... maybe that was something else. But it'd be neato.

I'm just waiting for HL2: Episode, TF2, and Left 4 Dead. Especially Left 4 Dead. You guys can have Halo all to yourselves.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )