By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski Enjoys MGS 4

brute said:
^and now hes saying that the 90 miute cut scenes are his favorite part of the game

Yeah but shooter fans are a lot less willing to watch 90 minute cutscenes than MGS fans and Cliff know that.  Those shooters fans must shoot something every 5 minutes in order to keep playing a game.

Around the Network

Pathetic attempt at damage control frankly. If you make a game with a storyline as forgettable as GoW you really shouldn't be dissing other narrative driven games because it simply makes you seem jealous for not even being able to craft a B movie storyline. If his games actually had a plot worth discussing maybe his words would carry more weight.

GoW2's narrative better impress or he's simply going to come off as an incompetent fool.

Riachu said:
brute said:
^and now hes saying that the 90 miute cut scenes are his favorite part of the game

Yeah but shooter fans are a lot less willing to watch 90 minute cutscenes than MGS fans and Cliff know that.  Those shooters fans must shoot something every 5 minutes in order to keep playing a game.

i know a shooter and long cut scenes dont mix

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DTG said:
Pathetic attempt at damage control frankly. If you make a game with a storyline as forgettable as GoW you really shouldn't be dissing other narrative driven games because it simply makes you seem jealous for not even being able to craft a B movie storyline. If his games actually had a plot worth discussing maybe his words would carry more weight.

GoW2's narrative better impress or he's simply going to come off as an incompetent fool.

Just don't expect MGS4 level material and the narritive will impress somewhat

brute said:
Riachu said:
brute said:

Yeah but shooter fans are a lot less willing to watch 90 minute cutscenes than MGS fans and Cliff know that. Those shooters fans must shoot something every 5 minutes in order to keep playing a game.

i know a shooter and long cut scenes dont mix

Shooter and long cutscenes don't mix well but games like MGS and FF have a better excuse to use long cutscenes since they are slower paced games overall.

Around the Network

^yep,MGS is basically the only shooter that is half the game with cut scenes

brute said:

MGS is not a shooter, it is a steath game

Riachu said:
brute said:

MGS is not a shooter, it is a steath game

but its a stealth game with shotting elements,but yeah i guess its more of a stealth game

brute said:
^well it became big when he first said that MGS4 is passive entertainment,and now hes saying this

well, i didn't care for his opinion back then, and I sure wouldn't give a damn what he said now..

For those who dismissed him like I did back then, I don't see how this would change anything.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

All those Cliff comments will play him and Gears 2 a bad joke.

It seems smart for the moment to knock PS3's biggest exclusive, but when Gears 2 comes out with its linear and simple storyline people will actually remind all those quotes.

Cause it's Gears of War that's passive entertainment and there's nothing bad to it- you play the game, have fun, but still in 2 months you don't remember anything.

While most of MGS-players, I think, remember what MGS is all about even years later.