By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WOW!!!! Nintendo iPhone possible

This would be HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE news if it turns out true.

http://blogs.pcworld.com/gameon/archives/004677.html

It's-a-me, Super Mario iPhone!

Folks, put your scuttlebutt-caps on and buckle up, but the blogosphere is rippling with rumors that Nintendo may have plans to license game content to Apple for its iPhone. Blog site NoHeat claims these games will get the iTunes treatment and $29-per pricing. Concerns about the lack of a d-pad will apparently be addressed courtesy a touchscreen version, though I agree that a flat two-dimensional image of something your thumb's used to jamming and rocking could present problems. It's like Apple's flat keyboard, I suppose -- you'll only know for sure once you've tried it yourself.

Naturally the followup question if this is true, has to be whether Nintendo views the iPhone as competition for its DS. Speculation about a Nintendo phone goes back to 2001 at least. According to NoHeat, Nintendo views the iPhone deal as non-overlapping, i.e. exclusive and targeting an older demographic. The latter makes a certain kind of sense. I mean, how many of you would drop $500 on a cell phone for your kids? The iPhone's not really a toy, it's a sophisticated information management tool that only returns real value if you use it for more than gabbing, gaming, and social bragging rights.

Around the Network

???? Curious

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

I would be surprised in the EXTREME. I think we would have heard rumblings about this by now - unless its part of a big E3 announcement.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I put the odds on this at about 25%. But if they announce an alliance with Apple at E3, they might as well rename the show N3.

Nelectronics Nentertainment Nexpo.

Now, try saying that 10x fast.

Around the Network

Engh.... Not so sure about this... As long as there aren't exclusives for the iphone I guess it'll be ok.

This is one sick deal for Apple... Since Nintendo NEVER makes games for other things then their own! I believe this deal could only work when 1) there is a bigger collaboration between Nintendo and Apple In the form of Apple getting into game developing exclusively for Wii and DS or 2) Nintendo buys Apple as a whole or fuses with Apple to create a strong/HUGE Multimedia/Games company (And both companies would keep their names since they both are a strong brand).

THE NETHERLANDS

... I can't believe anyone believes this rumour. Why would Nintendo compete with themselves? They'll make games for the PS3 first.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Gballzack said:
As long as there aren't exclusives for the iphone I guess it'll be ok.

That's what I was thinking.

Nintendo games on a non-Nintendo platform? When's the last time that happened? o_O