By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I believe that one of the "HD twins" are going to crash and burn in sales

watch all the 360 hate come flooding in

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Deeds said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Your threads always make me give out a big *Sigh*.

Stop it. You're one line snide responses are annoying and immature.

No, you stop it!!!!!!

But to answer your question, 360 sales are going to shrivel up as people who bought the Xbox will have bought the 360 and a lot of people interested in an HD console will go to the PS3. I don't think either console is going to "crash and burn," but 360 sales are definitely going to dip in the upcoming years (and they're already pretty bad).

Finally, you contributed constructively to this thread. Bravo.

MontanaHatchet said:
Deeds said:
MontanaHatchet said:

No, you stop it!!!!!!

But to answer your question, 360 sales are going to shrivel up as people who bought the Xbox will have bought the 360 and a lot of people interested in an HD console will go to the PS3. I don't think either console is going to "crash and burn," but 360 sales are definitely going to dip in the upcoming years (and they're already pretty bad).

...but Montana, according to Sony fanboys, there could be a big turnaround in numbers, and suddenly one console could start selling like crap while another picks up sales bigtime and passes it. Afterall current numbers aren't future numbers, and the most important things is the perception of the predicter.

In fantasy land, on a magic pony, what I just said it true.

In reality land, where Zenfoldor spits his game, you're answer would be absolutely right.

Note: @PS3 fanboys, "...but...but...but Zenfoldor, why's didja pick out PS3 fanboys....?" Well, son, in this case, I chose PS3 fanboys because I was drawing an imaginary line between Montanta's assertion that the 360 ain't gonna make a magical fantasy comeback and own the PS3, to the fact that it is much, much, much, much, much, muuuuuuuuuuch, much, much, much, muchmuchmuchmuchmuch, less likely that the PS3 could make a magical comeback and beat the Wii, which isn't a common assertion of 360 or Wii fanboys, but it is of....you guessed it. That's why you were singled out in this case. I'm sorry.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Deeds - PS3 and 360 fans do not view them as the same. Just read any thread on this site. The fact that they both offer HD gaming just means they are competing in the same market. This market is growing, not shrinking as you said. HDTVs have a 30% market penetration in the US and it is increasing quickly. All three systems have weaknesses that they need to overcome but none are in jeopardy of failing.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
@Deeds - PS3 and 360 fans do not view them as the same. Just read any thread on this site. The fact that they both offer HD gaming just means they are competing in the same market. This market is growing, not shrinking as you said. HDTVs have a 30% market penetration in the US and it is increasing quickly. All three systems have weaknesses that they need to overcome but none are in jeopardy of failing.

they both offer hd but the ps3 is the only 1 with true hd the xbox just upscales to hd

YES TO BEER

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Deeds said:
MontanaHatchet said:

No, you stop it!!!!!!

...but Montana, according to Sony fanboys, there could be a big turnaround in numbers, and suddenly one console could start selling like crap while another picks up sales bigtime and passes it. Afterall current numbers aren't future numbers, and the most important things is the perception of the predicter.

In fantasy land, on a magic pony, what I just said it true.

In reality land, where Zenfoldor spits his game, you're answer would be absolutely right.

Note: @PS3 fanboys, "...but...but...but Zenfoldor, why's didja pick out PS3 fanboys....?" Well, son, in this case, I chose PS3 fanboys because I was drawing an imaginary line between Montanta's assertion that the 360 ain't gonna make a magical fantasy comeback and own the PS3, to the fact that it is much, much, much, much, much, muuuuuuuuuuch, much, much, much, muchmuchmuchmuchmuch, less likely that the PS3 could make a magical comeback and beat the Wii, which isn't a common assertion of 360 or Wii fanboys, but it is of....you guessed it. That's why you were singled out in this case. I'm sorry.

Your posts are almost always full of win. This was one of the good ones.

lol, I hope this topic winds up as some big epic PS3verses360 topic and that post stays right on the front page and pisses Crazzy off everytime he sees the thread bumped, like his Marioboys post does me.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

both are gonna crash and burn the wii's gonna out sell them both put together

YES TO BEER

It all depends on what is meant by "Crash and Burn" when you're talking about sales ...

It is quite possible that any of the consoles will have seen their peak sales year by the end of 2008, and if either of the HD consoles sold at 80% of their 2008 total in 2009, and 80% of their 2009 total in 2010 it would appear like their sales "Crashed and Burned" ... One thing to consider is that 64% of 10 to 12 Million consoles is still a lot of systems being sold on a yearly basis.

No both will co-exist peacefully. Ok not peacefully but neither one will suddenly stop selling. One will sell more than the other and my guess is the PS3 will sell more by the end of this gen but neither one is going to "crash and burn".