By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 25% off used games for the PS3 at gamestop

Skillz,

This is an "official" one -- it's from the one they send out through the mail to me. I just copied the location from the html and pasted it and it worked... I have NEVER had trouble with a coupon at gamestop. Even when something wasn't right, the manager stepped in an forced it into the computer system. I shop primarily at 2 specific gamestops and the crew at both are used to seeing me. Hell, one handed me a coupon for an extra 50% trade-in on any games (stacked with edge!). I cleaned out my game drawer and got more than I paid for a few used games... Gotta work the system, lol.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
I just used it, along with my 10% off EDGE card. I picked up Uncharted and Warhawk for a grand total (after tax), of $55.

I have beaten Uncharted, but it was a friends copy. Now I can replay it :)

Cool. I will use it this weekend. I wonder if you can use it multiple times. If I can find MGS, I'll pick that up and Ratchet and Clank. Thanks.

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

You can use as many coupons as you want unless you have a real a-hole of a GS manager. The two I frequent are nice enough to tell me to just bring 2 coupons and ring up separately...

I hate trolls.

Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Pretty sweet deal. Their buy 2 (used) get one free weekends are pretty cool too. The only downside is that devs don't get profits from used games sales.

d21lewis said:
Pretty sweet deal. Their buy 2 (used) get one free weekends are pretty cool too. The only downside is that devs don't get profits from used games sales.

Yeah, that does suck for the developers.  I would rather see developers put something in the license agreement in the software that prohibits resale for commercial interests.  That would have to be coupled with cheaper games, however, as I'm not going to pay $50 or $60 for every game that comes down the pipe when they aren't AAA+ games.  Either that or set up some sort of system for resale that DOES give the publisher a cut through services like goozex.  It is intellectual property, after all, and the licensor of said property can set certain rules... It would require complete industry cooperation and I dont' see that happening, though.

I hate trolls.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

Thats when I buy EA games!  HAHAHA

Tifa got MOVES!

The thing is, you can probably find used games on the internet elsewhere that match or beat gamestop's used 'prices -25%' fairly easily. I know I do.

epsilon72 said:
The thing is, you can probably find used games on the internet elsewhere that match or beat gamestop's used 'prices -25%' fairly easily. I know I do.

Well, I paid $68 for both MGS and Ratchet - awesome deal. Ratchet was $32, MGS was $35. I used the coupon and the EDGE card. Otherwise, it was $55 for MGS and $50 for Ratchet used.