By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - is there "REALLY" any "graphical" difference?

disolitude said:
tombi123 said:
I bet we will get a picture of Uncharted in the next 10 posts.

lol...followed by Killzone 2 vs Crysis comparison.

and MGS4 vs. Crysis comparison.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

While the PS3 is more powerful then 360, it's more difficult to program for so in reality 360 games can come out looking a better. The PS3 has more untapped potential but the question is: will game developers figure out how to use this power before it's too late? Only people who program games for PS3 know for sure.

"If a tree falls in the forest..."

blackstar said:

hi everyone

lately i've been SEEING threads made to compare the graphics of the games of ps3 and xbox360

"look here the graphics are sharper here"

"the ground is more detailed"

"OMG THE LEFT HAND IS MUCH MORE BETTER HERE"

and i was like O-o

would that difference make a difference and change sombody's mind in which console to buy?

i'm ok with the graphics of both consoles ,, i would only care if there is a big leap ,,

I think you need to put things in context first...

A lot of people claim that the PS3 is by a huge (And so far theorical) margin more powerfull than the 360, there is no need to discuss theorical numbers... so moving on, the only thing we got is the games, and since the exclusive games are not a good way to make a valid comparation, we need to move on the multiplat...

I´m not saying that exclusives don´t count, but is harder to find similar enviroments, enemies, even genres to put them side by side, and to make the things worse some exclusive count with astronomical budgets others don´t, I will tell you that at this point the PS3 is doing some things better than the 360 on the exclusives, but still we haven´t found the huge gap between the graphics of both systems...

So yeah, both systems feature a good level of graphics, and definitely one is more powerfull than the other, but not by the big margin that some people would love to see...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

If you're evaluating games from screenshots or videos, and can take the time to evaluate minute differences between the two systems, you can see a graphical difference. Regardless of whether a game is multiplatform or not, when you're playing the game on either platform the differences will be small enough that you won't notice them because you're preoccupied with what is happening in game.

Another way to look at this is the following:

Human beings do not really see or hear things the way you probably think they do ... Everything we see, hear, taste, smell or feel is our brain's interpretation and "best estimate" of what is really happening. As such, when we're playing a game our brain focuses on the action that is happening on screen and interprets it as if it was a real environment; unless something catches your attention for being "unrealistic" or poorly done, you're probably not going to notice it and you're going to accept the environment as being "real" ...

To a certain extent this explains why when you go back to a 10 year old game the graphics seem far worse than you remember, and it can (often) be less engrossing.

Leetgeek said:
 the PS3 is more powerful then 360

not that power u imagine it.