By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Platinum hits Japan on September 13

They could always use table of elements
IE. Pokemon: uranium

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

I'm loving Diamond right now, but I'm not sure if I could let myself buy another, let alone so soon.

the pokemon are worse every time ninty is just milkying the series

DKII said:
How well do these 3rd-versions-released-two-years-later usually do? What's really different about it?

Crystal and Emerald have sold over 6 million, each.

From what I recall there weren't many differences between Silver/Gold and Crystal: the ability to choose your character's gender, the inclusion of the Battle Tower, the Pokemon's sprites were altered and other small changes.

Emerald had more changes: the Battle Frontier, think Battle Tower and multiply by 7, it was an island that contained seven facilities each with it's own rules, for example in the Battle Palace you didn't get to command the Pokemon they chose the attack; there were new areas added, the Safari Zone has a new area were you could capture Pokemon from the Johto region; there were also changes to the story; and you could also capture both Groudon and Kyogre.

And speaking of changes here are some for Platinum:

• You have to face Team Galactic once more, but it seems their plans and HQ have been stepped up a fair bit
  • The Battle Frontier returns and takes place in the Fight Area in Sinnoh. There are different areas in the Battle Frontier, their battle quirks are not yet known. However, it does still contain the Battle Tower
  • The WiFi area has been enhanced with various areas which support up to 20 people at any one time
  • The Poffin making has taken a step up and has a new feature that involves a Swalot machine. You essentially throw berries into its mouth. This can be done over WiFi in the new WiFi area
  • The Battle Recorder, an item seen on the Shaymin pictures last week, allows you to record battles that you hold and share them with your friends. This is done at the new & improved GTS in Jubilife City, which has a bigger global terminal
  • There is also confirmation of the Shaymin form changes and a note about the Giratina ones. It appears that like in the movie, Giratina's Origin Forme can only be used in the Torn World, and its in its Another Forme elsewhere. It is unknown if there will be an item to use to keep it in its Origin Forme, but the main method will be revealed next month
  • Shaymin Sky Forme's ability is Serene Grace. It appears to be more focused in Speed and Special Attack and knows the move Air Slash.
  • Giratina's Origin Forme's ability is Levitate.
  • The pictures also indicate and confirm new sprites for each Pokémon including Bidoof, Giratina's Another Forme & Shaymin's Land Forme
  • Confirmation of the new characters shown last month, one is a member of Team Galactic, and the other is part of an international police force and is hunting Team Galactic

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

jonager said:
the pokemon are worse every time ninty is just milkying the series

when we see a Pokemon sports series, then their milking it...

Around the Network

Isn't Dragon Quest out late this year too...DS is going back over 100k/week methinks. At least for a while anyway, it can't stay high for ages anymore.

DKII said:
How well do these 3rd-versions-released-two-years-later usually do? What's really different about it?

Pokemon Red/Green/Blue 31.38m                                   Pokemon Yellow 14.64m

Pokemon Gold/Silver 23.11m                                           Pokemon Crystal 6.39m

Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire 15.40m                                     Pokemon Emerald 6.34m

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 15.09m                                     Pokemon Platinum ¿?

All the third version of pokemon sold at least 6 million.