By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Zack & Wiki is a must buy!

If it arrives here at a decent price, may pick it up. Could be the sort of game that builds a strong cult following - I could see my partner playing it.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I'm certainly keeping my eye on it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The grahpics are fine However, I am a little worried about the puzzles. From what little they have shown, it looks like the puzzles are rather simple and aimed for small kids... I must not of looked at the same info Zucas did? I hope I am wrong, but does anyone know the target age for this game?

DKII said:
I don't buy into pre-release hype anymore, half of it is just bought anyway. Watch what happens when the review comes out it'll probably get a 6.8 or something.

Thats not saying much for a Wii game. Reviews are all over the place for Wii and have been since release. Kind of insane to see RE:4 remake get nothing but 9's and higher from every site, then out of nowhere a late review gives it like a 6. The variance in the Wii reviews all over the internet has forced me into renting games to try them out. Nintendo really ticked off a lot of hardcore gamers this gen, the result is a bunch of websites who really would rather not touch the Wiimote ever again, and show it in their reviews, and on the other hand you have the overly defensive Nintendo fan sites who review every game FAR FAR to high in their bias. Its ridiculous.

Need more of these games from 3rd parties on the Wii.

It is pretty early still and the game is far away but definitely looking like a good and original game.

Also I really like how it looks, the art direction is cool. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
DonWii said:
Woah, woah, woah. Comparing it to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Must Buy. No need to read more.

They had me at point and click adventure

Amen to that brother... this game and FE(wii) is the only game I need too justifie why I should purchase a Wii.

ckmlb said:

Need more of these games from 3rd parties on the Wii.

It is pretty early still and the game is far away but definitely looking like a good and original game.

Also I really like how it looks, the art direction is cool. 

Couldn't agree more.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Xyrax said:
DKII said:
I don't buy into pre-release hype anymore, half of it is just bought anyway. Watch what happens when the review comes out it'll probably get a 6.8 or something.

Thats not saying much for a Wii game. Reviews are all over the place for Wii and have been since release. Kind of insane to see RE:4 remake get nothing but 9's and higher from every site, then out of nowhere a late review gives it like a 6. The variance in the Wii reviews all over the internet has forced me into renting games to try them out. Nintendo really ticked off a lot of hardcore gamers this gen, the result is a bunch of websites who really would rather not touch the Wiimote ever again, and show it in their reviews, and on the other hand you have the overly defensive Nintendo fan sites who review every game FAR FAR to high in their bias. Its ridiculous.

You're kind of making reviewers sound like little kids. They review games as they see them deserving not cause they are pissed off about the Wii or something. Wanna bet Mario Galaxy, Metroid and Brawl are gonna kill the reviews? 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Adventure game? ::ears perk up::

FUCK! I love adventure games! If this does turn to be like the great adventure games of old I will definitely pick this up. Hopefully it will revive the long dead great adventure game genre, that alone would bring in hoards of 30 year old guys who grew up on King's Quest, Quest for Glory, and all those other great Sierra games.

jlauro said:
The grahpics are fine However, I am a little worried about the puzzles. From what little they have shown, it looks like the puzzles are rather simple and aimed for small kids... I must not of looked at the same info Zucas did? I hope I am wrong, but does anyone know the target age for this game?

The game is in no way meant for kids. I want to say they were talking about some of the stages (puzzles) taking 30 minutes to an hour an a half a piece... and dying mid-puzzle meant you had to start over from scratch. It's got a steep learning curve, from what I've read on it.

jlauro said:

The videos we've seen of the game are from the first level, so yes, the puzzles would be simple at the beginning.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.