By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: Zack & Wiki is a must buy!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/797/797414p1.html

Buy Zack & Wiki Campaign 2007
Okay, you can't buy it yet, but maybe you can pre-order. And if not, you should at least start saving.
by Matt Casamassina

June 18, 2007 - Not since Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem on GameCube have we demanded that readers purchase a videogame, but the time has come (again) for us to take a stand. Capcom has a fantastic point-and-click puzzle-adventure on its hands. It's clever. It's difficult. It will make you think. It's also beautiful, perfectly capitalizing on Wii's strengths.

Unfortunately, it's got a stupid name. Formerly Project Treasure Island Z, now it's called Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Uh-huh, we know. Bad. Really, really bad. Meanwhile, unless you loved the style of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - and you should have - you probably won't find yourself wowed by the cel-shaded graphics forming the characters and worlds in Z&W. And there's no blood, F-bombs or dead hookers, either - all integral ingredients to today's most popular efforts.

But we're telling you, Zack & Wiki is fun. Really fun. Really smart. And really enjoyable. And we're not going to stop this campaign until you've pre-ordered it. Do it. Do it right now. What do you mean your local retailer isn't accepting pre-orders? That's no excuse for the truly dedicated. Start saving. Create a Zack & Wiki fund. And get on the message boards and spread the word. It's come down from the IGN Wii editors that Z&W (as those in the know call it) is the real deal and must be owned. As loyal Nintendo fans, you cannot disobey. 

Around the Network

"It's got a stupid name"...lol

Woah, woah, woah. Comparing it to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Must Buy. No need to read more.

Its Cel-shaded style, pretty nice. Very promising, I think its one of those games you need to try to really understand.

DonWii said:
Woah, woah, woah. Comparing it to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Must Buy. No need to read more.

They had me at point and click adventure

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I don't buy into pre-release hype anymore, half of it is just bought anyway. Watch what happens when the review comes out it'll probably get a 6.8 or something.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
DonWii said:

They had me at point and click adventure

Only similarities are its being published by Nintendo and pushed by IGN.

Hey! There are more similarities!

For instance, there's a charecter you control!
It is a video game!
It knows you played Donkey Kong.

As a side note, if Eternal Darkness was on the Wii and went online to find new ways of messing with you, that game would really really be bad.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

True that.

Well from what I hear is the game sounds amazingly challenging. Knowning that there is a puzzler adventure out there that is supposed to make your mind boggle at how hard it's going to be is enough to insure a buy. I mean hard games to me are just more fun. It seems like more of a reward when you do beat them. So i can't wait for them and I'll preorder it when I buy RE4: Wii Edition on Wednesday.