By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New console RTS from Total War team

Sega as reveiled a new RTS for PS3 and 360 called Stormrise for the developers who brought us the Total War series and will be released some time next year. Eurogamer has the full report here's the link to the article and they have two screenshots of the game. They'll be showing more on the game at E3 next week.

Around the Network

Do we know which team is making it?

I do reserve my usual fears about console RTSs, and the creative assembly's console record is not that great. However, as this is an RTS, they should make it better than some of their hybrid console games that they have made in the past. I do expect a lot from Empire Total War, and Rome Total War is basically my favourite PC game, so I do expect this game to be decent, so long as they keep the campaign map, as I rarely actually play out the battles in the total war games

It's kind of ironic how they skipped over the one console with the most potential for a good control scheme in an RTS game.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Nice, I want some more rts-games on 360. :)

Around the Network
Kenny said:
It's kind of ironic how they skipped over the one console with the most potential for a good control scheme in an RTS game.

The point of total war games is that they are total war. In Rome Total War, you can have about 8,000 soldiers on the battlefield at one time, all with their own animations, and you can zoom in and watch each one fight, it is incredible. I doubt the PS360 can really handle it let alone the wii. Anyway, I am not sure that the wii mote is the best way. I have not played any of the 360 RTSs, but apparantly they work well. Anyway, End War has the best idea for RTS controls, I just hope it works

Munkeh111 said:
Kenny said:

The point of total war games is that they are total war. In Rome Total War, you can have about 8,000 soldiers on the battlefield at one time, all with their own animations, and you can zoom in and watch each one fight, it is incredible. I doubt the PS360 can really handle it let alone the wii. Anyway, I am not sure that the wii mote is the best way. I have not played any of the 360 RTSs, but apparantly they work well. Anyway, End War has the best idea for RTS controls, I just hope it works

I've played R:TW on my four year old PC, too, and I'd be playing it more if it weren't such a colossal time sink (I've been a fan of the Total War series since Rome - I love ordering thousands of people to beat the crap out of thousands of other people).  The game's pushing four years of age now, and my computer handled it all right even though it wasn't close to top of the line - on the huge unit scale even, albeit with some slowdown.  If they scaled the numbers down to Medieval 2 levels (where the largest non-spearman unit size was 120 rather than 160, IIRC) and optimized the coding properly, I see no reason why the Wii, let alone the PS3 or 360 couldn't handle it.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

hopefully they will support mouse and keyboard input from those that have mice and keyboards on ps3 etc. I think it will have to be simplified if coming to consoles using just controllers. Still hopeful tho, bfme2 got gd reviews and that was not specifically designed for consoles

@ headshot, given that the whole system is built around consoles, and the game is designed their controls, I don't think they will want to confuse things by doing PC controls as well

yeah, but by "system" do you mean rtss in general bcoz civ revolution was biult for the ground up for consoles, tho i see wot youre talking bout