By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: Hating on the casuals

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Somebody make this guy an Imagine: Hardcorez picture to shut his dumbass up.

I really hope you were not referring to me. If the mods don't ban you for this post I'll be returning a nice response soon.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
exindguy said:
noname2200 said:
RolStoppable said:
Desroko said:
NJ5 said:

ts a lot different from reducing the gaming industry to babiez and iguanas, cat and mouse and whatever other repulsion that emits from "EA Casual" and the likes of it.

Are you referring to their sole release?

'Cuz if that's the new future, I'm all in!

Pristine20 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Somebody make this guy an Imagine: Hardcorez picture to shut his dumbass up.

I really hope you were not referring to me. If the mods don't ban you for this post I'll be returning a nice response soon.

I didn't even read the comments here.  I just read the OP and was referring to Jim Fraidycat Sterling.

HappySqurriel said:

Someone want to get the Waahhhmbulance ...

So far this year "Hard-Core" gamers have only received Grand Theft Auto 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Mass Effect, Burnout Paradise, Grid, Battlefield: Bad Company, Devil May Cry 4, Condemned 2, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Age of Conana: Hyborian Adventures, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Lost Odyssey, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Pirates of the Burning Sea, The Club, Culdcept SAGA, and Assult Heroes 2 for HD consoles or the PC. Complaining that some other group gets attention is just pathetic.

Thanks for saying that for me.

It is pathetic that someone can take the tremendous number of hardcore games, two out of three consoles and feel sorry for themselves. What a frigging crybaby. I'm sorry but this is one Pity Party that I'm not coming to. Jeez, some people; the hard core gamer never had it so good. Sorry that someone actually made a console and a few games that weren't dedicated just to you and leaving out completely those who happen to lack the apptitude, attitude or time to waste learning an overly complex controller and control system.

I'm old enough to be bitter, pissed off and whine about things too, but I try to save it for important things like what the current government has done to our nation, our economy, our environment and our Constitutional Rights: not the fact that there are a few games out there that weren't written just for me.

Get a grip for cripes sake!

Do people understand kids play video games? Those mario party, cooking, pony, catz, other animal stuff, etc.. are played by mostly kids, yes of course not all kids but still. What you want kids to play metal gear solid and halo? Kids need their games also, whats the problem of those games doing well? Shouldn't kids get those games, shouldn't developers make games for kids?

Now I am not saying all nintendo games are kiddy, I love Nintendo but lots of people are pointing out catz or dogz or whatever those animal games names are and saying the game industry is going to shits. KIDS NEED TO PLAY GAMES TOO and there are a lot of kids playing (mostly see kids playing ds outside, guys don't bring their ds/psp out :p). Kids just can't complain about too many hardcore games like older gamers complain about too much "kiddy" games. There needs to be enough room for both type of games because kids do need to play games! I support games for kids movement!

Around the Network

There are some very well constructed counter arguments in here. I agree with the people here. This guy needs to get off his high horse and enjoy his games or did the casual games destroy GTA4, MGS4, and Halo 3 so he is no longer able to play his "hardcore" games.

Endz said:

Do people understand kids play video games? Those mario party, cooking, pony, catz, other animal stuff, etc.. are played by mostly kids, yes of course not all kids but still. What you want kids to play metal gear solid and halo? Kids need their games also, whats the problem of those games doing well? Shouldn't kids get those games, shouldn't developers make games for kids?

Now I am not saying all nintendo games are kiddy, I love Nintendo but lots of people are pointing out catz or dogz or whatever those animal games names are and saying the game industry is going to shits. KIDS NEED TO PLAY GAMES TOO and there are a lot of kids playing (mostly see kids playing ds outside, guys don't bring their ds/psp out :p). Kids just can't complain about too many hardcore games like older gamers complain about too much "kiddy" games. There needs to be enough room for both type of games because kids do need to play games! I support games for kids movement!

Well said!

Question though, your name ends in a z, do you work for Ubisoft? ;)

I kid! =)

FishyJoe said:
I really don't see the point of all the whining.

The point is that it's all they can do and they know it. The only way that they can effectively combat the lolcasual non-gamer tide is to buy multiple copies of every 'hardcore' game. Since they don't want to spend more money, they have to be content with griping on the internet. They can't give any more marketshare, so they try to take as much mindshare as they can.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
FishyJoe said:
I really don't see the point of all the whining.

The point is that it's all they can do and they know it. The only way that they can effectively combat the lolcasual non-gamer tide is to buy multiple copies of every 'hardcore' game. Since they don't want to spend more money, they have to be content with griping on the internet. They can't give any more marketshare, so they try to take as much mindshare as they can.

LOL.

Most of these hardcore don't even buy 1/10th of the "must-buy" games that they praise on the internet.

Hardcore my ass.

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.

LNRT said:
There are some very well constructed counter arguments in here. I agree with the people here. This guy needs to get off his high horse and enjoy his games or did the casual games destroy GTA4, MGS4, and Halo 3 so he is no longer able to play his "hardcore" games.

I think his point is that there would be no more innovation on the "hardcore" front, only established franchises would remain. No more Vagrant Storys or Xenogears popping out of the blue. Only FF will remain. Get the picture?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler