By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Article: Hating on the casuals

Pristine20 said:
LNRT said:
There are some very well constructed counter arguments in here. I agree with the people here. This guy needs to get off his high horse and enjoy his games or did the casual games destroy GTA4, MGS4, and Halo 3 so he is no longer able to play his "hardcore" games.

I think his point is that there would be no more innovation on the "hardcore" front, only established franchises would remain. No more Vagrant Storys or Xenogears popping out of the blue. Only FF will remain. Get the picture?

That is his point and it is completely baseless. There are a lot of "casual" games out there but they are not nor will they stop the "hardcore" games from coming out also. My point is he needs to stop bitching and enjoy his games.

Around the Network
LNRT said:
Pristine20 said:
LNRT said:

That is his point and it is completely baseless. There are a lot of "casual" games out there but they are not nor will they stop the "hardcore" games from coming out also. My point is he needs to stop bitching and enjoy his games.

He can't. Every time he tries, he think of those damn casuals ruining his hobby with their stupid non-games, and then he just has to pause and cry.

I would think "hardcore" gamers would welcome all these "casual" games and gamers coming into the market because it provides the revenue to make better games. We've seen time and again developers state they are using casual game revenue to fund their bigger projects.

Besides, I like having casual games, it's nice having my wife ask me to play wii sports with her, she's never done that with any other game or system that before.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

king_of_the_castle said:
I would think "hardcore" gamers would welcome all these "casual" games and gamers coming into the market because it provides the revenue to make better games. We've seen time and again developers state they are using casual game revenue to fund their bigger projects.

Besides, I like having casual games, it's nice having my wife ask me to play wii sports with her, she's never done that with any other game or system that before.

I'm going to need you to clear out your game library and turn your snobcore card in before the end of the day. You're no longer cool, man.

RolStoppable said:
I can already see it: "Snobcore" is going to become very big here on VGC.

Sounds good to me. By the way, are you always up until this late? I'm only doing it to reduce jet lag after the flight I'm taking soon. Well, that and I hadn't packed or done the laundry yet.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
king_of_the_castle said:

I'm going to need you to clear out your game library and turn your snobcore card in before the end of the day. You're no longer cool, man.

Curse my tolerance for casual games!  Luckily, I'm used to not being cool though.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

i have to completely agree with him.

there are two kinds of casual games: shit and good. despite what people think, guitar hero/rock band is not a hardcore game. its a casual game, that is actually made well. nintendo games are almost all casual (except zelda, metroid, and smash), but they are almost always made well.

artistic games have often sold like crap, but never before have crap games sold like they are now.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

why are we shooting the messenger ?? It is the developers fault to ignore the wii. Wii gamers have to fall back of Beach Sports, Game Party, etc .. because they do not have MGS4, Assassins Creed, Gears OF War, Virtua Fighter 4 etc.... on the Wii.

You have to accept the Wii as the market leader and give it the respect it deserves, the demand for Wii is not going to reduce just because you do not make games for it.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

soccerdrew17 said:
i have to completely agree with him.

there are two kinds of casual games: shit and good. despite what people think, guitar hero/rock band is not a hardcore game. its a casual game, that is actually made well. nintendo games are almost all casual (except zelda, metroid, and smash,fire emblem, mario kart(both), earthbound/mother, donkey kong, star fox,golden sun, pokemon(both),Chibi Robo,F-Zero,Advance Wars, Battalion Wars,Wario(main series),Kid Icarus, Kirby, Pikmin and many many many more), but they are almost always made well.

artistic games have often sold like crap, but never before have crap games sold like they are now.

So you were saying nintendo games are all casual except for  Mario, Metroid , and Zelda?

Good for him.  I am going to go play Boom Blox.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.