By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Motion controller.. Dreamcast Edition!!

With all the PS3/XBOX360 rumors about a motion controller I would like to take some of you back in history..

When Sega was still a manufactor of one of the greatest machine ever: the Sega Dreamcast.

They were planning to make a Nights sequel & were making the forthcoming Super Monkey Ball.. The greatest thing about those two games were in fact it would have been supported by a Motion Controller called the Wond.. But because of the failure and premature dead of the Dreamcast it never got to realisation...

Pictures you say?

Here you are:

Long live Sega!

And yes it does look like a Phaser from Star Trek and I don't know how it would have worked.. No one will ever know..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

old sega was epic, they still could be, i smell a dreamcast 2, well i can dream

I hope that someday this won't be in the "Gaming" forum but in the SEGA forum here at VGChartz..

they were planning on making a motion controller for the saturn too.

ToastyJaguar said:

Really?? because the Saturn wasn't a great 3d machine.. they made an anlog joypad for Nights. but a motion controller for the saturn? Any pics?

Around the Network

So nintendo copied sega. Omg, what a ripoff. :O

NiKKoM said:
ToastyJaguar said:

Really?? because the Saturn wasn't a great 3d machine.. they made an anlog joypad for Nights. but a motion controller for the saturn? Any pics?

yeah, remember the analog controller that came with Nights?

It had a removable wire where they werre going to make a motion sesnor attatchment to control Nights with.

No pics but that's what i heard a few years ago.

Fake.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Motion Controllers (aka gyroscopic mouses) and screen pointing devices have been heavily studied in Human Computer Interaction for decades at this point ... Why the Wiimote works so well as an input device is that Nintendo looked at these devices, looked at what did and didn't work, and then merged them together to produce a single (very powerful) interface.

Sony make kiss ass robots now. I think robots r pretty cool and eventually Sega will clean up the market in small robot toys. you tube for reference

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.