By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ok people. Its time to start getting excited for Banjo Kazooie

http://www.xboxic.com/news/4822

The link above has a little bit of game information as well as two videos of gameplay from the upcoming return of the dynamic duo.  The second video hasn't been posted yet and it contains a couple of nice little Rare-like pieces of humour.

This game is starting to look REALLY good and I think both videos, especially the first, highlight the fact that it is very much a platformer still.  The second video actually shows off a Nuts and Bolts video that pays homage to past Banjo levels and pays out one of Rare's past mistakes.

I think we can begin to dispel a few of the negative things that were being said about this game shortly after it was revealed (I'm looking at you DarthDevidem).  With more information promised for E3, Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts is shaping up to be one hell of a game.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hoo, hoo and an extra hoo. Satisfied?

Not really.  I'm not saying that you are a perpetrator (but given you're largely the face of Nintendo fans on this site), but as an old N64 owner and Banjo lover I don't think Wii owners on this site have been giving the title nearly the respect it deserves.  Especially as it is from the original Banjo team.

The cynic in me says this is all because Microsoft now owns Rare and Banjo will now be on a non-Nintendo system...

But hey, maybe thats just me.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i'm not as pumped as much as i used to be for this game.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Could not care less about this kind of games.. it is better suited for the wii. :/

I don't know. It looks pretty good but I have not seen one moment of fun gameplay in the whole video.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
RolStoppable said:

Not really.  I'm not saying that you are a perpetrator (but given you're largely the face of Nintendo fans on this site), but as an old N64 owner and Banjo lover I don't think Wii owners on this site have been giving the title nearly the respect it deserves.  Especially as it is from the original Banjo team.

The cynic in me says this is all because Microsoft now owns Rare and Banjo will now be on a non-Nintendo system...

Way to go insulting most of us. Good job.

OT: Lets wait and see. Rare is not what it used to be. So caution is advised.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Kurakasa said:
Could not care less about this kind of games.. it is better suited for the wii. :/

it may be better suited for the wii, but it's coming to the 360. it's microsoft's attempt of changing the perception of the xbox. and it's a step in the right direction. i'm expecting E3 to show their cards at a wide variety of games that are not FPS.

i wasn't too excited about Banjo. but after watching the videos, it definitely looks like a game i want to experience.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

starcraft said:

I don't think Wii owners on this site have been giving the title nearly the respect it deserves. Especially as it is from the original Banjo team.

Its probably moreso the fact that it's Rare. Their studio has pretty much sucked since the late 90s and the quality of their games (nevermind their excessive delays) has been hard hit. It's hard to expect quality out of a subpar studio. To give you an idea, Namco did a much better job of Starfox on the GC than Rare did for any except the original. Trying to hype people up for a Rare game is like trying to hype up the next THQ game.

i will wait to see if its good.. i was a huge banjo fan but ever since rare left nintendo.. they pretty much sucked... i dont expect this game to break the trend at all.

starcraft said:
RolStoppable said:

Not really. I'm not saying that you are a perpetrator (but given you're largely the face of Nintendo fans on this site), but as an old N64 owner and Banjo lover I don't think Wii owners on this site have been giving the title nearly the respect it deserves. Especially as it is from the original Banjo team.

Why should they . Rare is far from being the same as it was in the mid/end of the 90s . Its not MS , just that the old Banjo games where all bean eagerly awaited while this one barely shows up on some MS fanboys radar . I dont try to bash the game , I havent played it and I probably wont , but why should we give any respect to this game ? Excepet a couple of "decent" trailers and screens we still havent seen anything impressive yet , and TBH I do bealive that much more gamers are waiting De Blob more than this ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!