By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Killzone 2 shots from EGM...

I can't decide if only showing screens from one level is a good idea or not...

On one hand everyone starts saying "pshh the only colors in the game are brown and... brown"

But on the other hand it creates a lot of mystery, and for people who are anticipating this game (like me) it leaves a lot to be discovered when i actually play it

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network

I liked the third picture on the top row, thats a nice explosion. It's funny how i have a killzone 1 poster in my room.

SnakeEyez said:

I dont have a scanner :( . What do u want to know, just from Killzone 2 or from the whole issue? (kinda stupid question)

Anything you can tell us about the game would be nice, tbh.  :)

fazz said:
I don't think they looks like concept art, it looks better than last time.

Just look at the ground textures, is not concept art...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
makingmusic476 said:
SnakeEyez said:

I dont have a scanner :( . What do u want to know, just from Killzone 2 or from the whole issue? (kinda stupid question)

Well, theres vehicles, the main character from Pt 1 and Liberation will be returning as a support character (he helms the ISA battle cruiser New Sun). The main "bad guy" is called Scolar Visari. There are 3 characters that "roll" with u (im guessing through out the game), Cpl. Dante Garza, Master Sgt. Rico Velasquez, and Cpl. Shawn Natko. The main character is Sgt. Thomas Sevchenko AKA "Sev". thats pretty much it, everything else is info that we have known for awhile now.

Around the Network

I don't get why people expect this game to be good. The first one got horrible ratings and I don't expect this one to be much different.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

WarmachineX said:
I don't get why people expect this game to be good. The first one got horrible ratings and I don't expect this one to be much different.

Hey, would u say that a great game in a franchise can have a shitty sequel? Oh, it IS possible ehh, so how does the previous game automatically make this game bad?

WarmachineX said:

Three reasons, imo:

1. The developer was bought by Sony, and Sony is investing a lot of resources into the studio and this game.  They are capable of far more things than they ever were before.

Sony has been transforming SCEWWS over the past couple of years (starting around the beginning of this gen, really), creating a sense of unity between the studios and helping them work together to improve development across the board.  Now that Geurrilla is a part of Sony, they have the means to do much more than before.  They've already mentioned recieving assistance with development from Insomniac and "the God of War guys" (ie Sony Santa Monica), and Naughty Dog mentioned Geurilla, Insomniac, Sony Santa Monica, and quite a few others in the credits of Uncharted as having helped them with development of the game.  This is the way Sony's in-house developers work now, and this gen it's shown great success (so far).

2. Have you seen the footage?  It looks amazing.  We hyped Haze based on developer pedigree.  Now we're hyping Killzone 2 based on gameplay videos and hands on impressions.  Which is the wiser?

3. Just because the first game in a series isn't very good doesn't mean they'll all turn out that way.  Just look at franchises like Tekken, Street Fighter, or Grand Theft Auto.

SnakeEyez said:
makingmusic476 said:
SnakeEyez said:

Well, theres vehicles, the main character from Pt 1 and Liberation will be returning as a support character (he helms the ISA battle cruiser New Sun). The main "bad guy" is called Scolar Visari. There are 3 characters that "roll" with u (im guessing through out the game), Cpl. Dante Garza, Master Sgt. Rico Velasquez, and Cpl. Shawn Natko. The main character is Sgt. Thomas Sevchenko AKA "Sev". thats pretty much it, everything else is info that we have known for awhile now.

Hm, well you were right.  That's basically stuff we already knew.

Thanks for letting me know, though. ^^

Better shots:

See 'em all here.