By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - In-Game XMB is cool but....

grand theft auto pauses

Around the Network

gta does pause when the in game xmb is brought up,, except in multiplayer.
But then again you can never really pause multiplayer

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

They'll probably patch it so it can pause the game, Before you could press the ps button and it pauses it for you. I enjoy in game xmb, while im playing warhawk i insult people on the other team by sending them txt messages

ultraslick said:
gta does pause when the in game xmb is brought up,, except in multiplayer.
But then again you can never really pause multiplayer

some PC games you can, its annoying. About to kill someone and Pause. All you o i wait for it to be unpaused to realize that the person thought out how to survive.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

SSHD pauses when you bring up the XMB in game. I think they may have fixed this oversight in 2.41 because it didn't do that before, at least in SSHD. Honestly, I think they just didn't think about it because all you'd have to do is have the system tell the game that the "START" button was pressed before it brings up the XMB. It'd be a simple, maybe 5-line subroutine that any programmer, (even a total noob like me...) could write in their sleep.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

Developers have to specifically code that feature in for every game.

i know right? why doesn't it pause the game? that makes me really angry...>:0 lol jk
but it would be nice if all ps3 games paused after pressing the playstation button

Sony seem to be taking a more open / less mandatory route than MS with these features - putting the basic elements in place but leaving other decisions to developers - i.e. custom soundtracks, etc.

Whether this is better or simply different I think it's too early to tell.

OT I would like it to pause automatically but on the other hand pausing then bringing up XMB is hardly the end of the world and we don't want to end up like the humans in Wall-E do we?

My main gripe with the update is no voice chat (not because I need it as I mainly play offline and have no headphones, but because its so obviously what people wanted even more than ability to txt a message or invite).

Still, this FW clearly puts the foundations in place for future updates to quickly expand these features and I'm sure voice chat, etc. will come along soon enough for those that want it.

Another gripe is that I've realised I'm rubbish at HD Super Stardust and my Trophy collection is therefore looking a bit crap. I guess I'll just force my kids to play it on my account for me - ah the joy's of parenthood!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I prefer that it doesn't pause automatically. I like having the option of letting the game continue while I access the XMB, especially during cutscenes. I guess I prefer that they left the option to pause up to me. It isn't an issue since the xmb is running on a dedicated spe.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

All of my games pause. Remember that you cant pause when in any multiplayer game.