By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why I want KH3 to be PS3 exclusive!

I'm about half-way through Kingdom Hearts and I'm loving it so much.  I've picked up Kingdom Hearts 2 and will play it immediately afterwards.

Eventually, I'm going to have to get a PS3 for Versus (and maybe for Heavy Rain).  Given that, here is what I want for KH3.

I want a strong, hopefully almost Pixar-like graphical upgrade.  Thats it.  I don't want fancy Wii game controls and mechanics.  I want a third Kingdom Hearts with story advancement and a far superior graphical interface.  There are some games where I would prefer the addition of Wii controls in hand with a small graphical upgrade for their next installments, but this isn't one of them.

Given that there is between a 0 and 1 per cent chance this game will be on the Xbox 360, I would therefore like it to be a PS3-developed game (if it went to PS3 is could actually become multiplatform quite easily given the series' strength in the West and Microsoft's penchant for giving Square Enix money).

I'm not overly optomistic that my wishes will come true though.  I can't convince myself that PS3 exclusive would be the best thing for the series business-wise, though I do believe PS3/Xbox 360 multiplatform would be just as competitive as Wii exclusive.  But given the heavy rumours that Disney wants the series on the Wii, I'm not holding my breath.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Im more for having like Gummi Bears and TaleSpin characters in the game =)

Also, I doubt the exclusivity suggestion in the OP, mostly just because it doesn't make business sense.

RolStoppable said:
If Kim Possible isn't in the game, it won't matter to which console KH3 will go.

Thankyou for you're valued and on-topic contribution

RolStoppable said:
If Kim Possible isn't in the game, it won't matter to which console KH3 will go.  the game will be infinitely more successful.

This is one of the only games I wouldn't mind going Wii exclusive.

I think I actually prefer the characters looking like this...

Rather than this...

Around the Network

I actually think it's more likely to be on 360 then PS3.

Disney has a better working relationship with Microsoft to my knowledge and to be on an HD console it's probably going to take a hefty sum of money.

Also... disney characters in pixar like graphics would be... weird.

You need graphics that actually play off their original art style.

RolStoppable said:
starcraft said:
RolStoppable said:
If Kim Possible isn't in the game, it won't matter to which console KH3 will go.

Just admit it, the only reason you made this thread is to become friends with PS3 fans and to team up against Nintendo fans. The sad thing is that it already works, just look at DMeisterJ's post.

I AM one of those Nintendo fans. I bought my Wii for Nintendo first party, and have recently been crying because my finance situation didn't allow for both a PS2 and Brawl

Besides.  I doubt many people on this site believe I'd ever go to any effort to get into bed with PS3 fans (except DMeisterJ, the stud ).

Kasz216 said:

I actually think it's more likely to be on 360 then PS3.

Disney has a better working relationship with Microsoft to my knowledge and to be on an HD console it's probably going to take a hefty sum of money.

Also... disney characters in pixar like graphics would be... weird.

You need graphics that actually play off their original art style.

KH sells over a third of its total sales in Japan. 360 exclusive is not really an option.

RolStoppable said:
starcraft said:
RolStoppable said:

Just admit it, the only reason you made this thread is to become friends with PS3 fans and to team up against Nintendo fans. The sad thing is that it already works, just look at DMeisterJ's post.

DMeisterJ is a poor example. He's been humping Starcrafts leg well before this thread was made :P

And I agree with whats-his-face about the graphics.

On the ps2 it looks like you're playing a cartoon, and that's part of what makes it so great.
On the ps3, it would be all uber shiny and hyper detailed. That's not what a cartoon looks like >_>

Don't worry, it will be on PS3/360 or exclusives to one of them which depends on which party is able to convince SE. KH3 have higher chances of being exclusive to PS3 but you never know. The game will simply flop on Wii so don't expect other then spin off on it.