By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC having to much censorship

Let us discuss this. I believe in the act of protecting our users some mods have started to censor free thought and ideas. Like for instance I wanted to start a thread on why I beleive that Scientology is a cult, I couldn't. I can't state my beliefs on religion, I probably couldn't even state my opinion on how the universe was created due to it showing hate towards what others believe.

Discuss

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Is that an example or did you really want to expand on that thread?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

While on this topic, why was the "Climate change!" thread locked? There was arguments, but nothing harsh.

Persevere in what you want to say SSJ. If it is worth saying, it is worth losing your modship over, which is the worst that could happen.

Is this your personal interpretation of the "don't insult another user's religion" rule, or something already clarified by ioi/the head mods?

I think it's possible to disagree with another person about stuff like this, and even say you think their religion is wrong, without being insulting.

why don't you talk this over with the other mods instead of starting a public discussion about it? Why are you allowed to represent this site?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

Because the mods are not as nearly as fun to discuss with.

Just kidding! Don't ban me. Please.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Sometimes...our opinions about certain people/groups/things are just not appropriate to say. These forums have a diverse group of people and we wouldnt want these people to feel under attack or unwelcome, would we?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Avalach21 said:
why don't you talk this over with the other mods instead of starting a public discussion about it? Why are you allowed to represent this site?

why? because I want to see personal opinions that are not from the main administration of the site. User input is much more important then mod and administrative input.

Plus user input can help adjust moderator actions and forum rules to better suit the community.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

MrBubbles said:
Sometimes...our opinions about certain people/groups/things are just not appropriate to say. These forums have a diverse group of people and we wouldnt want these people to feel under attack, would we?

but if we can say what we want to say in a proper mannor things should be allowed to be discussed. There are always ways to say what we want without issue or breaking the rules.

Remember that entire homosexual topic we had? there was nothing wrong with that as it was properly discussed yet the genral thought of people arguing over the morality of it could be viewed as attacks against both sides.

Well I'd be able to contribute a lot to a non-insulting thread about scientology. I attended L. Ron Hubbard's birthday celebration 2005. I can scan my ticket stubs to prove it.

I don't think Scientologists themselves are stupid for believing what they believe in. But they're being lied to by an organization that copyrights its teachings but doesn't pay taxes. That's a legal paradox. That alone should be a red flag about the organization, not the individuals. I'd love to have a discussion about this.

We've had threads about Christianity go on for pages and pages and pages, about some of the same issues with religious organizations, but not insulting the individuals. In fact, any time some bigot starts a gaybashing thread it turns into a religion-dissecting thread because all the arguments against homosexuality come from old religious laws.

I don't know why the climate change thread got locked. People were going nuts, but not in an insulting way yet.