By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is sony ever going to match MS software wise this generation.?

If PS3 surpasses XB360 and gains a margin wide enough, sooner or later it will surpass it SW wise too.
If they get close and close remain in HW sales, XB360 will keep its initial margin in SW as absolute value, but this margin will become less and less significant relative to total SW titles and sales as this values grow.
XB360 totally wasted its time advantage, Wii caught up incredibly easily, but also PS3 is slowing catching up and with a life cycle of 7 years or more there's not much hurry.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

It depends on who gets to determine when the generation ends and who's definition of generation you use. Each side will define the "generation" in a way that makes them come out the winner. :)

Noobie said:
Sorry for being a bit vague.. by software quality i donot mean games at all.. i mean services like PSN and HOME and XMB on PS3 and Live and Dashboard and other stuff on XBOX 360...

Oh damn. You were way vague. I would change the first post to reflect that you mean the features, not software. We equate software with games when we speak on videogames.

I do think Sony can catch Microsoft one day. They've been trying really hard lately to get a comparable service running. I haven't heard of any updates that Microsoft is working on. I bet e3 will reveal a lot though, so stay tuned.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

They will eventually sony are old hands at this game.

I would suspect that the PSN will about equal to XBL and perhaps slightly better by then end of the generation. That is, if Sony continues their maniac FW update pace. If they don't then probably XBL because M$ has waaay more experience with software. (though they did write Windows Vista didn't they.... hmmm...)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it