By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - £500million(1 billion USD)repair bill recently for Xbox Elite in just Europ

here is the article,,,,Keep in mind that this is just for 1 model in Eroupe as the article suggests and it's for newer modles.

"

The console was originally thought to be immune from the problem, which permanently freezes the unit after a ring of green lights on the power control button turn red.

Now, hundreds of angry owners are sending back their £290 consoles, which are being shipped to Germany for repair. But the fault remains a mystery. Jamie King, 16, from Gomshall, Surrey, said: "I got my Xbox in September and it packed up eight months later in June.

"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/07/07/500m-bill-for-xbox-red-ring-of-death-89520-20634547/

Around the Network

For gods sake Spartan at least read before you troll.

The article was a bunch of tosh. Its a very, VERY late reporting of Microsoft's $1 billion losses and the author (who clearly knows dick about video games) has assumed the Elite is the only model the money applies too. Pounds equal approximately two dollars buddy.

To complete the authors idiocy, he thinks the $1 billion includes cash used to recall cords for the ORIGINAL Xbox.

Man that guy is a fool. Please don't post things like this again Spartan. We had a whole thread talking about excess Microsoft FUD two days ago.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Microsoft needs to find a way to get rid of the RROD once and for all. It'll just end up costing them more and more.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

wow ... dont shoot the messenger ... sheesh ... lol

starcraft said:
For gods sake Spartan at least read before you troll.

The article was a bunch of tosh. Its a very, VERY late reporting of Microsoft's $1 billion losses and the author (who clearly knows dick about video games) has assumed the Elite is the only model the money applies too. Pounds equal approximately two dollars buddy.

To complete the authors idiocy, he thinks the $1 billion includes cash used to recall cords for the ORIGINAL Xbox.

Man that guy is a fool. Please don't post things like this again Spartan. We had a whole thread talking about excess Microsoft FUD two days ago.

you mean the thread where everyone complained they were being treated unfairly then people like me sat back and laughed in the comfort of my computer chair as you all moaned and cried?

Around the Network

not as bad as sony's losses tho

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

this news is for today ,,,,it's not old.and no he said 1 billion additional for the cords not the same money,,,,

This is not written by me I am just reporting the news.

did you actually read the article spartan?

Enough with the microsoft FUD. Holy shit

He said only 12 million have been sold.... lol

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

SpartanFX said:
this news is for today ,,,,it's not old.and no he said 1 billion additional for the cords not the same money,,,,

This is not written by me I am just reporting the news.

I KNOW!!!

THE AUTHOR IS REPORTING ON NEWS THAT IS ONE YEAR OLD!!!

You posted the article and agreed with it.  Fair enough if you post it and say nothing, or point out its flaws, but you didn't.

The author said that a billion dollars was spent repairing one console in one continent.  He had NO evidence to support that at all.

HE clearly just got awfully confused over Microsoft's $1 billion repair bill announcement a year ago.  That or Sony just bought a tonne of ads for his publication.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft:

This must just be a joke thread. That article is so poorly written and ineffectively sourced that no one could seriously believe it.

"Hundreds of angry owners" are going to cost the company $1 billion? They must have some expensive products...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.