By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - will the 360 ever reach killzone 2 graphics?

"Will Killzone 2 ever reach store shelves?" would have been a better thread title.

@Leo-J you did get owned. You posted a set of graphs that disproved your own point. Everyone gets owned from time to time, but you actually managed to do it to yourself.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
DogWeed said:
starcraft said:
DogWeed said:
to starcraft and thekitchensink, because i remmeber something about each level being 2gb and the pre alpha already more than a dvd.

Sony also said Motorstorm was 22GB. 

Sony ensures that their first party and second party studios limit compression and bend certain truths to make Blu-Ray appear necessary.  Its all a PR exercise.

so what about mgs4 being 50gb? it wouldnt be the same quality if it was compressed

Actually most of the space on MGS4's disk was taken up with uncompressed audio, which has nothing to do with graphics.

In any case, it was only a few months before launch that the game got bumped from a single-sided to a double-sided disk in a well-timed publicity move.

So unless you're suggesting that a game that was in development four years doubled in size in its last six months of production..............

You so lucky Im not a tech geek because If I was you would have been owned.

i was thinking the same thing lol... wheres mikeb when you need him.

gebx said:
Your Profile Picture = Your thread

• No posts specifically to to say that a poster or the thread sucks, either with words or pictures.

• DogWeed said:

ive watched the gameplay trailers and this game looks really nice, will the 360 ever be able to hit graphics that high?

i dont think so, unless they start using blu ray.

Probably in a few years, but by then, KZ2 will look like crap compared to whatever is coming out on the PS3 at that time.

Both consoles will improve in visual quality over the next 3-5 years. The PS3 will just do it faster, and take it farther.

HappySqurriel said:

Killzone 2 is not Crysis ...

In other words, I haven't seen anything from Killzone 2 that is dramatically superior to any game that has been released on the XBox 360. On top of that, until we know what resolution it is output at, and what its framerate is, I wouldn't make the claim that it is producing graphics that aren't possible on the XBox 360; if it is rendered at 640p @ 25fps it wouldn't be nearly as impressive as if it is rendered at 1080p @60fps.

You have been living under a huge rock..

Killzone 2 is 720p/ 30fps

Killzone 2 has better textures/character models/more things on screen/much more detailed environments than UNCHARTED, which is currently one of the best looking games on consoles the best being MGS4.

There is no point in arguing with you or starcraft, PC fans obliterate everyone tech wise, even if it takes a PC 4 times more powerful than the XBOX to run HALO.

mM
    Around the Network
    HappySqurriel said:

Killzone 2 is not Crysis ...

In other words, I haven't seen anything from Killzone 2 that is dramatically superior to any game that has been released on the XBox 360. On top of that, until we know what resolution it is output at, and what its framerate is, I wouldn't make the claim that it is producing graphics that aren't possible on the XBox 360; if it is rendered at 640p @ 25fps it wouldn't be nearly as impressive as if it is rendered at 1080p @60fps.

crysis is for pc, which is not a console. everyone can play killzone 2 on their ps3, not everyone can play crysis on their pc.

killzone 2 is 720p and 30fps.

what game have you seen on the 360 that has matched the graphics of killzone 2?

starcraft said:
    leo-j said:
    starcraft said:
    He didn't just use a technical specification (Blu-Ray) that on its own actually limits maximum graphical output (due to it's slower maximum read times than DVD9) to claim the Xbox 360 could never do Killzone 2 graphics did he?

I can always rely on Leo-j to back me up.

Because I'm sure that was his intention when he posted a graph that clearly indicates that the maximum read speed of the Xbox 360's 12x DVD player is substantially higher than the maximum read speed of the PS3's 2x Blu-Ray player.

Leo-j got owned. Leo-j=OP pic

Darc Requiem said:

"Will Killzone 2 ever reach store shelves?" would have been a better thread title.

@Leo-J you did get owned. You posted a set of graphs that disproved your own point. Everyone gets owned from time to time, but you actually managed to do it to yourself.

so much win its not even funny

DogWeed said:

ive watched the gameplay trailers and this game looks really nice, will the 360 ever be able to hit graphics that high?

i dont think so, unless they start using blu ray.

One thing is not related with the other... and since the devs are not putting the same efford to a game like that (Early CGI trailers, so far all the money on the visuals, outsourcing AI), we don´t know...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
    "Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
    Cremator said:
    starcraft said:

I can always rely on Leo-j to back me up.

Because I'm sure that was his intention when he posted a graph that clearly indicates that the maximum read speed of the Xbox 360's 12x DVD player is substantially higher than the maximum read speed of the PS3's 2x Blu-Ray player.

Leo-j got owned. Leo-j=OP pic

No posts specifically to to say that a poster or the thread sucks, either with words or pictures.