By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Those damn Japanese...

jjseth said:
Squilliam said:
Those damn Japs! I swear I'll go in into sony headquarters and blindfold them all with a pair of shoelaces. Blindfold one, steal the laces and blindfold the next until I pwn them all.

I swear their fear of shoelaces is why you have to take off your shoes before you enter their house.

Racist just a little bit?

Overreacting a bit?

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Those damn Japs! I swear I'll go in into sony headquarters and blindfold them all with a pair of shoelaces. Blindfold one, steal the laces and blindfold the next until I pwn them all.

I swear their fear of shoelaces is why you have to take off your shoes before you enter their house.

Please dont refer to Japanese people as "Japs."  This isnt 1942.  Its wrong, even if you were trying to be funny ... well you just arent funny.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:
Squilliam said:

Overreacting a bit?

Hopefully he is joking but still people have been banned for jokes like this. There should be a zero tolerence on this stuff.

Why?

Because is he being racist or is he joking? If I tell a black or jewish joke is there some sort of hate involved or is it in good tatse?

It might be in good fun but it could still be offending to jewish or black people

Example: Its wrong, even if you were trying to be funny ... well you just arent funny.

He sounds offended

Squilliam said:

Whoa! ok 1st and last post on this alt, damnit*100.

I never meant it as a racist comment, I thought it was too rediculous to be considered an insult. :(

:'(

I have to say sorry since it obviously offended someone. So hence the title of my username etc.

Comedians make fun of the little differences between the peoples of this earth as a way to break down the boundaries between us. I heard that joke on some primetime comedy show, and if its good enough for kiddies then its good enough for Vgchartz?

Anyways im not going to protest any further its futile and obviously not fruitful.

BTW I win vs Leo J I have the rubber foot of a PS3 in my mouth as I type this and im wondering about how to unscrew that star screw.

CIAO.

jjseth said:
Squilliam said:

isnt racist when you dont like people with different color?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:
Squilliam said:

Overreacting a bit?

Hopefully he is joking but still people have been banned for jokes like this. There should be a zero tolerence on this stuff.

Why?

Because is he being racist or is he joking? If I tell a black or jewish joke is there some sort of hate involved or is it in good tatse?

It might be in good fun but it could still be offending to jewish or black people

Example: Its wrong, even if you were trying to be funny ... well you just arent funny.

He sounds offended

But that is probably his dialect,  people over here also call them **** it belongs to the dialect of the town if would just call them Japanese it wouldn't fit in the dialect over here..

PS:  This is also a good example of why freedom of speech doesn't exist :).

konnichiwa said:
PooperScooper said:
konnichiwa said:
jjseth said:
Squilliam said:

Overreacting a bit?

Why?

He sounds offended

But that is probably his dialect,  people over here also call them **** it belongs to the dialect of the town if would just call them Japanese it wouldn't fit in the dialect over here..

PS:  This is also a good example of why freedom of speech doesn't exist :).

It wasn't the fact that he used a racial slur. Sure that is the biggest offence and bolded by the other poster but the post as a whole is just derrogatory and wrong.

Also, freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say what you want when you want. You should go look what it actually means.

Everyone should know their rights and what it entitles now lets get this thread on topic of the Japanese PSN.

Regarding the original post, the PS3 isn't doing as well in Japan as Sony would like, so perhaps they're trying to focus on that region to increase sales.

Why do we even need to go there seriously? Just don't write shit like that. Is it that hard to avoid a few words that are obviously racist? It is even more important on a site that is actually trying to become international.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Soriku said:
brute said:
jjseth said:
Squilliam said:

isnt racist when you dont like people with different color?

lol. It can also be nationality.

well ive never thought of it that way

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"